1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198022041905 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by nekolover08, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nekolover08

nekolover08 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:88732957
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Trading with marked scammers or hijackers
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198022041905

Victim profile: 76561198137731642

What happened? Description:
    I AM NOT A VICTIM JUST A REPORTER.

The accused recently bought A Ghost hallmark from a SR marked scammer​

Provide Evidence:
    Hats Involved

http://backpack.tf/item/3113237636
    http://backpack.tf/item/1380500450
    http://backpack.tf/item/2702941297

Account he traded with: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198044130676

The user was banned on SR well before the trade occurred as well as on outpost and backpack.tf. Even a basic check would have indicated something was not right.

Ignore the attachment it is there because it is required.​

Attached Files:

2. λngelღмander

λngelღмander New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:66763274
    The user in question has already mentioned it was an accident, he has not made a habit of doing this and I doubt any ill intentions were involved. A warning would be in order, not a mark on SR...
    Zefrom and Same2me like this.
  3. BlaqkAudio64

BlaqkAudio64 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55784425
    Cedar bought it unknowingly as he already said and was already mentioned above. He's not one to trade scammers in the first place.

Are you just lurking the forums to report people?
    Zefrom, Same2me and λngelღмander like this.
  4. Zefrom

Zefrom New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:63958320
    Cranwell was only marked after trading with scammers TWICE.
    A warning will be good

Also why are you being such a busybody and "bully" Cedar
  5. nekolover08

nekolover08 New User

Steam:
    Regardless a trade occured with a fairly valuable hat with someone who has been marked by SR. No matter how you look at it a violation was made, and is worth reporting. The SR admins are more than capable of making the appropriate marking for this user.

It has nothing to do with being a bully. A user has made a trade with a SR marked scammer. I would have filed the same report against ANY user had I been presented with relevant evedence.

Regardless of your personal relationship with the person, it is indisputable that they did violate SR policy by trading with a SR marked scammer. I will not turn a blind eye to misconduct when it is clear as day.
  6. λngelღмander

λngelღмander New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:66763274
    I respect that you would like to make the community a better place, but it is rather obvious that the trade that took place was a mistake, and you're increasing the workload of SR admins by submitting a report like this one. With the evidence here, one can only assume that they'll just give him a warning.

Reporting esteemed members of the community because they made one small mistake is frivolous. We should save the steamrep reports for people who actually commit to scamming, or fraudulent behavior.
  7. BlaqkAudio64

BlaqkAudio64 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55784425
    As already said, it was an honest mistake on his part. I'm not taking sides because I know him (which personally, I really don't). I'm only trying to say that it isn't fair for a person to be marked if it was a clear accident. Mistakes are made everyday. It's not as if Cedar does this all the time. Just a small blunder shouldn't cost him his trading career.
  8. nekolover08

nekolover08 New User

Steam:
    He has already received a warning in the past for the same offense (see the bp.tf ban). If no one takes the time to make a report there is no record of a prior offense thus the need for a report if for nothing more than a record of warnings.

He has already received a warning in the past for the same offense (see the bp.tf ban).
  9. TheProcave

TheProcave New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44964239
    I've looked trough all this proof.
    I need to say that this is a possible mistake.
    As BlaqkAudio64, Angel Mander and Zefrom said this was a mistake.
    And as BlaqkAudio64 said are you really lurking on respected users of the community to just ban them if it's a mistake?
    For ex. If Strife traded by mistake a high tier scammed unusual, will you still report him if he makes a video explaining his mistake? (You'll probably say yes because it wasn't by mistake it was sooooo not mistakenly!!)
    We understand you want to make the community a better place but just banning people for mistakes?
    Then if it was banable ALOT of INNOCENT people would be banned.
    Including YOU,
    Nobody has never made a mistake in his life.

We all make mistakes.
    You are bullying Cedar, i don't know Cedar personly but he is innocent in my eyes & mind.
    - Nekolover08
    Looks more like bullying than reporting to me.
  10. ♥Prof. Sugarcube™♥

♥Prof. Sugarcube™♥ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26362852
    OP doesn't even have an hour on TF2, nor owns any other games, last online 52 days ago, and an obvious alt. Why would this be accepted?
    Cedar has made thousands of trustworthy trades too, as labelled by Angel's response that all he needs is a warning, not a mark.
  11. nekolover08

nekolover08 New User

Steam:
    It has nothing to do with being a bully. A user has made a trade with a SR marked scammer. I would have filed the same report against ANY user had I been presented with relevant evidence. He has already received a warning in the past for the same offense (see the bp.tf ban). If no one takes the time to make a report there is no record of a prior offense thus the need for a report if for nothing more than a record of warnings.

I fail to see how my playtime is is any way relevant to the validity of the evidence provided. The SR admins are more than capable of making the appropriate marking for this user.
  12. A Cyan Stone in Mustard

A Cyan Stone in Mustard New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:65501190
    You're an obvious alt, that's what's relevant.

Cedar should only be given a warning if he is to be punished at all.
  13. ♥Prof. Sugarcube™♥

♥Prof. Sugarcube™♥ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26362852
    I'm pretty sure Alts are not allowed to make reports. You've had one accepted but that was legit Scamming methods, not something as menial as this.
    Don't come onto the BP.TF forums to 'scope over us' looking for people to ban if that's your sad, sad lifestyle.
    If someone bought one scammed unusual, and their last ban for doing so was, oh, LOTS of months ago, they shouldn't get a mark. Think. Use a brain.
  14. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    ARchiving; user got reported on FoG for the same reason.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.