1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198025506314 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by BigMac187, Jan 15, 2015.

1. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32620293
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Trading with marked scammers or hijackers
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198025506314

Victim profile: 76561198025506314

What happened? Description:
    Not sure if this is a smart move but I feel like it's the right move.

I'm reporting that I've traded with a steamrep marked user (http://steamcommunity.com/id/earldedarkwood/)

Trade

The trade was for a Sunbeams + Morning Glory Hong Kong Cone for a Burning Pullover + Scorching Kabuto

Details

Earldedarkwood added me around a week ago and asked me what I valued my Sunbeams Medic Shako at, I told him I wasn't sure since it's a new item, there was a bit of chit chat and convo ended there.

Today Earldedarkwood messaged me and told me he was interested in my Sunbeams Cone and we discussed various offers until we came to the agreement he will trade me his burning pullover + scorching Buto for both my Sunbeams and Morning Glory Hong Kong Cone.

We opened trade and as always I open steamrep during the trade window but It had failed to load, this isn't the 1st time it's failed to load for me (not sure if being in Australia has anything to do with it) I continued with the trade with the thought he was legit and there were no issues. Once the trade was competed I had told a friend of mine about the trade who then told me he was listed.

I thought I'll get on the front foot and highlight this and tell my side of the before someone else reports / people think i'm trying to hide from this.

I'll like to note that I've been trading for roughly 4 years, have countless trades and have bought a burning team captain in the past for 100% PayPal funds and to my knowledge have never had a steam report against my name.

I'll also like to note that I had received many great offers (140+ in unusuals on the Beams and 60 - 70 + on the Morning Glory) and I was very iffy about making the trade to start with since I really enjoyed those items and had great offers... Not that I will ever intentionally trade with steam listed users but if I had a score sheet on when not to trade with a listed member this case would be hot red since it's an obvious high profile trade which people are going to see.... I thought i'll mention this to those people thinking I may have put item infront of rep.

I'm not sure what else I can say but I hope you take what I've said into account, any questions feel free to ask.​

Provide Evidence:
    Not sure what to list here :/

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**

Attached Files:

• 222.jpg
      222.jpg
      File size:
      62.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
  2. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    I have reported this to FoG. #1 He had a private profile... #2 He is permanently banned for being marked on both backpack.tf and tf2outpost. I don't believe you even checked SR.

#3 I will be using your own submitted evidence in my report because it makes my life easier.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    Ignore..the..dots..space..bar..doesn't..want..to..work..in..steam..brower.

#1..He..was..open..during..our..dealings
    #2..I..was..banned..last..week..from..OP..for..what..they..considersed..spam..i'm..not..going..to..or..think..its..fair..to..expect..me..to..base..my..trades..around..their..bans
    #3..what..you..believe..shouldn't..matter..how..are..you..to..know..that..is..wasn't..working?..how..can..i..prove..it..wasn't..working?
  4. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    He..is..public..atm..regarding..#1..I'm..going..off..the..fact..i..was..able..to..see..him..bp..through..steam..is..there..a..way..to..check..the..history..of..public..status?
  5. Earl de Darkwood

Earl de Darkwood New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52682801
    The "trading with marked scammers" is just faulty.
    What is the point if all the hats that I earned has been traded on a legit way (eitheir polar , kabuto ,the hats I bought the polar with etc..)
  6. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    Earl de Darkwood, please stay out of it.

Who ever reviews this just know that I'm prepared to go on a live feed with you and show you my trade history, I don't know many people that will offer this but I'm confident you will see that I am a very honest trader.
  7. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    Just wondering how long this will take, I'm happy to go on a live feed showing my trade history if that helps you confirm any doubts / suspicions.
  8. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    Reports generally take a while to be processed, just be patient. Some take a day a week, some take a few months, some are still pending from 2013. It all depends on the staff who review.
  9. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    Thanks for note.
  10. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    Thought I'll point into this to highlight I paid near double of the listed price of the Pullover just so it's clear that I didn't look to trade with a marked user with profit in mind. http://backpack.tf/vote/id/54d93bcbb88d883e728b4a95

I'll also note that I received a perm on OP initially for this, 1st issue in 4 years and then Helen looked over it and said it wasn't process and removed the ban. Then I had some public words about outposts practices and the next day I was perm banned again on Outpost. There are to many inconsistencies with the big three communities, I think you guys should look to make some changes and help protect the innocent traders a bit better.
  11. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    After Helen looked over it and removed it as an estimate roughly a week passed before Sneeze decided to perm ban me again (I had highlighted some issues of theirs on backpack.tf the night before)

His reasoning for the new perm ban was the following comments I made here.

"#2..I..was..banned..last..week..from..OP..for..what..they..considersed..spam..i'm..not..going..to..or..think..its..fair..to..expect..me..to..base..my..trades..around..their..bans"

Their rules don't state to check for outpost banned users, and as I highlighted someone could be banned for spamming on their site, it doesn't mean I should not trade with them. Their rules only state to check SteamRep bans but my comment here was used to place a perm ban on me on Outpost.

Why am I noting this here?

Mostly I've had a couple people ask me why I went from Perm to unbanned back to Perm and to also highlight the inconsistencies in this community.

Also I'll note here that I asked the question on backpack.tf if users will get banned from Outpost for trading with me and ToughSox's Wife told me she was replying on his behalf and the answer was no.
  12. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
  13. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    I got just got called a scammer due to this, 4 + years trading... I've been one of the most legit traders with an extensive SOP rep thread yet due to the inept nature of of the handling of cases these days I'm possibly going to have to put up with it for 3 or so years until someone decides to look at this. The systems in place now have become a joke.

I filed a report previously with proof of a non payment of 6 months (true scamming as apposed to accidentally trading with a scammer and overpaying hefty for the said item), which was acknowledged by the accused in which the steamrep admin looking at the case said that that wasn't the 1st complaint against that person... but due to that persons standing in the community he had the case closed quickly (compared to this) with a just a warning of a future caution tag when it should have been at the very least a caution tag. So case closed quickly for a much more serious issue.

I've done nothing of that sort yet I'm going to have this "scammer" label over my head for possibly 3 years.
  14. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    I hate to go on a rant but this gets to me.

Like all the data required is here, there's no digging around required. I've stating what I paid and it should be very clear that this wasn't a greed move for a profit based trade. I've offered s viewing of my trade history over a live feed to show that I'm in no way a harm to the community but in fact an asset. You really don't need to be doing any data gathering to action this case but just look over it and if you want to take me up on my offer of viewing my trade history you just need to message me.
  15. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    I've been trading for 5 years, every halloween I've spent 2k + putting together a rare unique combo, middlemanned heaps of $500 + trades but because of the slowness in way things get handled I am being called a scammer. Really steamrep you should get your s✿✿✿ together.

I made a report of a user who hadn't paid me owing funds for from memory 4 - 6 months, steamrep said he has had previous issues yet...... he gets away without a caution and gets his case cleaned within a couple weeks, yet I'm most likely going to have this pending s✿✿✿ sitting here for 3 years.
  16. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
  17. Chride2k8

Chride2k8 Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:3551729
    This report has already been handled by FoG, archiving.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.