1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198025638219 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Cheesecake 2, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Cheesecake 2

Cheesecake 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:54697008
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198025638219

Victim profile: 76561198069659745

What happened? Description:
    So this guy told me that he was going to give me 4 steam wallet codes that would be worth 320 so i could purchase 125 keys from the market. He said that I needed to record it so I would not scam him for he would go first in giving me the codes, and so i downloaded team viewer since that is what he told me is what allowed him to see my screen. Then, I sent him the trade and i went to my email to wait to get my codes so i could accept the trade from there after. Then, as i was on my email, a steam link pops up saying I accepted the trade without even touching anything. Then the guy unfriended me and left without doing anything and I did not receive any steam wallet codes.My knife is still on the scammers account, and I believe that means steam has the ability to recover my item. Therefore, with all this evidence i attached, can I receive my item back?​

Provide Evidence:
    So this guy told me that he was going to give me 4 steam wallet codes that would be worth 320 so i could purchase 125 keys from the market. He said that I needed to record it so I would not scam him for he would go first in giving me the codes, and so i downloaded team viewer since that is what he told me is what allowed him to see my screen. Then, I sent him the trade and i went to my email to wait to get my codes so i could accept the trade from there after. Then, as i was on my email, a steam link pops up saying I accepted the trade without even touching anything. Then the guy unfriended me and left without doing anything and I did not receive any steam wallet codes.My knife is still on the scammers account, and I believe that means steam has the ability to recover my item. Therefore, with all this evidence i attached, can I receive my item back?​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Cheesecake 2
    Well appears as if you were tricked into using Team Viewer which gives the other person control of your computer, account access and so on. You need to avoid things of this nature in the future for sure and never give others control or access into your computer using any 3rd party software. Issue here is with the chat, he took you to voice which keeps him from being "saved" as to what he was doing or offering and then had you give him complete access to your system so he can set the trade while instantly authorizing it.
    I see where you gave the TeamViewer codes in the chat but I'm honestly not sure that is enough - I'll check into it more. In the meantime please don't make duplicate reports. Thanks!

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  3. Symphuni

Symphuni New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56372529
    Please help my friend I gave him my knife to use in trade ups and this hacker made us both suffer a huge loss :/ ... He is very trustworthy trader and if I had been online I could of told him of the team viewer scam but he had no idea what it was. Please help he is very good guy I trust his so much look I gave him my knife to use in trade ups and please get this scammer banned. Is it not obvious he is a scammer what "normal" person uses speech only and asks someone to download teamviewer to "share screens" :((( wish I was online to catch the scam...
    Here screen I sent Cheesecake knife he deserves his knife back for both our sakes. thanks for all you doing moderator TradeFriendKnife.png
  4. Symphuni

Symphuni New User

Steam:
    Looks like the scammer traded or sold the knife on community market wow I hope steam can help from here :( Or maybe he has vault account but I think steam rep can check all his accounts please catch him he robbed so much money
  5. Symphuni

Symphuni New User

Steam:
    @ЩĄ | Horse

He got valve trade banned! is there any way he can be steamrep banned so we can find his other accounts in an attempt to locate my friend Cheesecake's knife? thanks
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    We can't help anyone recover items. I'm going to slide this report up to review.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  7. Symphuni

Symphuni New User

Steam:
    Yea don't worry as long as we can prove in a steam ticket he has the knife on another account we should be fine.
  8. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    Gathering evidence for this specific scam method is extremely difficult. However, with multiple current reports against the accused, I believe they are sufficient to get this person tagged as soon as possible.

Hidden Content:
  9. Cheesecake 2

Cheesecake 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:54697008
    Thank you, tagging him would help me get my item back from steam quicker I assume, if possible at least, but thank your for the help