1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198026761768 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by inulover009, Feb 7, 2015.

1. inulover009

inulover009 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:106960591
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Trading with marked scammers or hijackers
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198026761768

Victim profile: 76561198093707809

What happened? Description:
    VICTIM IS NOT A VICTIM, IT IS THE PERSON THE ACCUSED TRADED WITH. The person the accused traded with has a scam report Pending on FOG, as well as some other things I'm now looking into.

I am only filing the report as the accused was and is fully aware of the pending report, and same2me's history and past bans, yet decided to go ahead with the trade anyways​

Provide Evidence:
    unusuals involved:
    http://www.tf2outpost.com/item/440,3490364789,30001,5
    http://www.tf2outpost.com/item/440,3505067810,379,5
    http://www.tf2outpost.com/item/440,3505067804,30005,5

See screenshot for evidence of the accused knowing about report pending for same2me on FOG

Thanks as always.

-nekolover08​

Attached Files:

2. Same2me

Same2me New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:66721040
    Trade happened day before user was aware of the situation.
  3. Human Skeletal Structure

Human Skeletal Structure Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33248020
    The fog report does not meet steamrep criteria of 3 trades with scammers to mark
  4. Human Skeletal Structure

Steam:
    And this report does not meet sr criteria of 3 trades
  5. inulover009

inulover009 New User

Steam:
    Offense=/= trades. At a bare minimum the thread should be archived so the next time this happens it can be easily escalated.
    He asked several times and "if I trade..." doesn't seem like the trade had gone through yet although they do explicitly state they are aware of the pending FOG ban.
  6. Human Skeletal Structure

Steam:
    Pending =\= under review

The report could easily be denied
  7. inulover009

inulover009 New User

Steam:
    It could also be accepted. The point being that unless same2me is found innocent you knowingly traded several high value items with someone who is a scammer and were aware of the evidence that proved it.

Should same2me be found innocent then obviously this report would have no merit, until then though you were well aware of this persons status and should not have made the trade.
  8. Eldric Liaz

Eldric Liaz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20389429
    Skeletal made the status as he noticed the Same2me Pending report on FoG AFTER the trade had happened. Same2me has no markings nor pending reports at all and looks clean, not even banned on backpack.tf. There is no clear evidence of same2me having a chance of being marked or such with a simple check as I doubt anyone will go through FoG pending reports on others. Skeletal possibly only noticed it after a report he made on FoG got accepted and responded to and he was browsing.

One also doesnt expect to random check people they've known for a long while everytime they trade with them, and the Same2Me report hasnt been up for a week. An example is: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198169884999
    This user has been someone trading on the forums and such for several months with a rather clean looking background as it appeared to be an alt of another account with trades dating back over a year. It was a surprise to everyone once it had been realized that the account was in fact an alt of Google for all those months.

Either way this report seems invalid for multiple reasons such as no clear evidence the one he traded with would be possibly marked, and even then the report appears to be under investigation as the evidence conflicts and only has 2 trades with marked scammer alts and not 3 as some have pointed out in the report as well as one person not being marked at the time that he traded, though such evidence is unclear until same2me and the FoG admins have finished their internal discussion.

You should also make reports on your main than using alt accounts that has literally 0 games, and o in-game hours.
  9. inulover009

inulover009 New User

Steam:
    As stated earlier the user was clearly aware of the FOG report as they, themselves posted the question and mentioned the ban. Again they said DIRECT QUOTE "Will I get banned if I traded with same2me (pending fog report) give me moar opinion before I hide". CLEARLY they were not only aware of same2me's report but that there could be consequences IF they traded with the user. The only reason you would be worried about consequenes when trading is if you knew there was something not right with who you were trading with. IF this is the case and you are aware of evidence to support the suspicion you should not make the trade.

Again, Should same2me be found innocent then obviously this report would have no merit, until then the accused was well aware of this persons status and should not have made the trade.

"One also doesnt expect to random check people they've known for a long while everytime they trade with them..." clearly the accused felt the need to check as far as FOG.....

At a bare minimum the thread should be archived so the next time this happens it can be easily escalated.

Account level and hours have no bearing on the validity of the report provided the evidence is persuasive. Oh, and lets not forget the incredible maturity of the bp forum users, after all they never raid, spam, or harass anyone who even midly offends on of their clique /sarcasm
  10. Eldric Liaz

Eldric Liaz New User

Steam:
    As stated, the trade occured BEFORE they even saw the pending report as seen here http://backpack.tf/item/3213135390 The unusuals were last seen in the backpack yesterday evening, your screenshot is from today as seen with the timemark of your PC with the Quote you have. Thus the user had no idea about the pending report at the time and was worried after he noticed it earlier today and made a status about it asking about the situation.

In short, you have no valid evidence that the user with your proof that the user knew Same2me had a pending report at all which invalidates this.

And yes Skeletal WAS browsing FoG as I requested him to make this report for me: http://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/5012-76561198138159935-cslng-reachwarza32.html He had most likely noticed the Same2Me report after seeing the reply earlier today once he got a response from the FoG admins.
  11. inulover009

inulover009 New User

Steam:
    If you took half a second to look at the evidence you just posted you would also see the items didn't appear until Sat, 07 Feb 2015 21:00:54 -0800 in same2me's bp. Which also corresponds to the timing in the screen shot.

In short either the hat wen missing from Fri, 06 Feb 2015 16:47:50 -0800 when it was in the accused's bp and Sat, 07 Feb 2015 21:00:54 -0800 when it was logged in same2me's bp or the trade happened at later than you claim

In short, you proved nothing.
  12. Eldric Liaz

Eldric Liaz New User

Steam:
    Backpack.tf histories keep up to date for items until the time they leave the backpack, thus is the item was last seen on Feb. 6 4 PM, that was the last time it was in his backpack.
    I also know for a fact that it was that time he sold it because I have this.
    You can clearly see him quickselling his hats with the stated time frame of the 'Last Seen' being around the SAME TIME given the timezone difference, along with a point of seeing that it was, in fact, yesterday when he quicksold them for pure in order to buy a Knifestorm HWNN from another user on the forums.

The user sold the unusuals the hat at that time, and then noticed that Same2Me had a pending FoG report earlier today. This clearly shows it. Pretty evident he only noticed recently today about the report since he panicked and made a status about it concerned if it would get him into trouble or not, being his first offense regardless.

Your evidence in invalid.

Attached Files:

13. ♥Prof. Sugarcube™♥

♥Prof. Sugarcube™♥ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26362852
    >Scammer Alt
  14. inulover009

inulover009 New User

Steam:
    Again it still does not address the gap in times. Also this should seem obvious but just because someone is talking about trading does not mean the trade necessarily went through until later. I'm not sure what you were trying to show but it didn't really do much.

Instead of trying to beat around the bush why don't you just ask your buddy to post their inventory history? It would certainly clarify a lot.
  15. inulover009

inulover009 New User

Steam:
    >groundless speculation

keep it classy
  16. ♥Prof. Sugarcube™♥

Steam:
    You did it with Cedar and now onto Skeletal
    Yes we all know you camp our forums waiting for one of us to screw up and then go off and say 'HEY FREE REPORT'

But when you attack the community of a large, reputable website related and affiliated with steamrep, you're pretty much playing with fire.
  17. inulover009

inulover009 New User

Steam:
    Playing with fire implies the ability to be burned which I am not worried about, but I digress. Keep the comments relevant to the issue at hand please.
  18. Eldric Liaz

Eldric Liaz New User

Steam:
    He's currently on mobile and has no access to snagging screenshots as of right now and posting them. He would need access to his PC, but regardless, I have shown evidence he quicksold it before 5 PM yesterday given how I asked him at 4:36 PM in my screenshot "Why the rush for pure?" and the history of the hat showing it was last seen on 4:47 PM.

He asked at 10 PM if I had any buds as Nieroda was quickselling the Knifestorm Unusual for buds and he didnt want to give straight up mass amount of keys, though he found out later that Nieroda wouldnt mind keys and thus traded for the Knifestorm on the spot rather than spend another hour hunting for buds.

As this point it seems you are just being stubborn to admit that you have no valid proof that the accused knew of the pending reports since your evidence is from the Late Evening TODAY, while I have clear evidence the trade WAS IN FACT made the day before before he knew of the pending report.

Should probably close this rather than have an admin do so.
  19. ♥Prof. Sugarcube™♥

Steam:
    There are two issues here
    Majority:
    • Skele
    Minority
    • Someone's notoious ability to flame over a community they're not even a part of
    Seriously, for shame.
    I would expect a throwaway alt account to act with such regard for decency.

Oh wait, it's an alt. What do you care.
  20. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    You have read the helper rules correct sugarcube? Discussing in report threads isn't allowed, adding flame even less so.
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/to-all-those-who-are-eager-to-help-updated.10030/