1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198032212476 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Garrett 2, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Garrett 2

Garrett 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:38850987
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198032212476 ()

Victim profile: 76561198037967703

What happened? Description:
    I was contacted at csgolounge from user FRankTHeTanKyEy that he wanted to trade his Ft m9 casehardened for some of my items saying that it was "70% blue" playside. I was interested and accepted his friend request and said that i needed to see some screenshots first before i offer on the item. He complied and posted screenshots from imgur.com (uploaded below) obviously when the two sides are compared they do not match, things like resolution and the like do not match up. So i asked FRankTHeTanKyEy to show me the item in game to prove that it was real and he did not comply.

Pretty standard casehardened scam, this might not get him banned, but I just wanted to make sure he doesn't end up costing someone a lot of money.​

Provide Evidence:
    Chat and the supposed screenshots of the knife.​

Attached Files:

2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    You realize that there is no way for SR to process this report with just screenshots. Photoshopping limits our ability to distinguish real from fake pictures. It would have to be a totally obvious attempt at altering a picture before we could process this report. I will leave this report tagged as need more info just so people know his tactics. Glad to see you didn't fall for the scam.
  3. Garrett 2

Garrett 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:38850987
    I realized this when i was posting it:). I just wanted to post this to warn other people against trading with this user
  4. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Unfortunately since there is not enough evidence here to warrant a ban I will archived this report. Regardless, thank you for the report.