1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198032610019 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by The Admiral, Oct 28, 2014.

1. The Admiral

The Admiral New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:88651608
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198032610019

Victim profile: 76561198137568944

What happened? Description:
    Hello
    At around Wednesday, 29 October 2014 (GMT+11) at 1:50am~2:00am I accepted a trade within CS:GO lounge with an individual named "JWonderChild." After further research i find there is a scammer going around with his name.
    I messaged him to trade my AK47:Vulcan for 'real money' as he had offered.
    I am such an idiot, I really have no words... but I fell for it.
    We agreed on $85.00 and being so gullible I agreed and he asked me to 'gift it' to this address http://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=72344291&token=uBYTN2pV as he was getting errors with the trade. He made excuses such as a black screen was popping up, he was on his mobile internet and etc.

I cant believe this has happened and all I can say is, if you could revert this 'gift' or trade or somehow be able to recover his steam messages . I would be forever grateful.
    I fully understand there is a large possibility I will not get this back as I have de friended & closed the chat log out of disgust (if there is a way to recover the chat PLEASE PLEASE have a look), but I write this from the bottom of my heart to get some peace.
    This is my first time and was a very hard lesson to learn...
    Thanks in advance.

PS: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jesperwecksell
    here you can see the "+reps"
    and his offers to sell/buy various items. It just looked too legit. The worrying part is, he may actually be the real JWonderChild, but decided to scam me of this item because of my low reputation.​

Provide Evidence:
    After hours, this was the best I could get.
    scam1.png shows the profile of the acc I traded the conversation with. His advertisement on CSGO lounge and his steam profile is very similar, so i saw no inconsistencies and trusted.

scam2.png shows my AK47 Vulcan Factory New in this inventory directly after he accepted the gift, blocked me and logged off.

scam3.png shows the screenshot of the gifted AK47.​

Attached Files:

2. Vintage Cobra

Vintage Cobra Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:12913087
    Added to account's list of offenses.
    Thank you for your report!