1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198034924599 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by asdf 5, Aug 2, 2015.

1. asdf 5

asdf 5 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:28354694
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198034924599

Victim profile: 76561198016975116

What happened? Description:
    He replyed to a reddit post of selling some knives. After agreeing on wich knife and pattern he wanted, he agreed to go first. He sent the money in 4x 125$ transactions and all looked fine.

Then, i sent him the knife as we agreed upon.
    Maybe 30 minutes later, he suddenly sent 90$ x5 from another paypal account, claiming to want to buy 1 more knife from me, that we had not agreed upon.

I told him that i could not do that - and that i would refund him his money for the last knife.
    He kept insisting that he wanted another knife instead (i had plenty, coming from a 7k win from jackpot) but i felt it was something odd and decided to not go trough with this.

I the meantime my paypal account was flagged and limited due to receiving more then 2500€ this year, so i could not refund his last deposit at once.

I went to bed and woke up 10 hours later to see that paypal had reversed all transactions and it was at this time i noticed it was from 2 different paypal accounts.

The scammer claims he have resold the knife and will not give it back.

I will most likely get my money anyways, as consumer laws in my country also regards digital goods, so i have appealed to paypal and are awaiting the outcome.​

Provide Evidence:
    Se attached pictures
    Chat log is from phone, so its not the whole window as requested, but i expect phone chat to be okay?

As you also can see, the paypal accounts had a really similar name, which made me not realize that he used 2 accounts at first.​

Attached Files:

2. Shrib

Shrib New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:71622697
    he scammed me too for cs go keys via paypal, i am also opening the case in some time
  3. Romanian Beast

Romanian Beast New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:124614871
    1. did you accept the payment as a gift?
    2. did you not have confirmation via paypal email to paypal email so you have proof your talking to the owner of the paypal
    3. did you use a middleman for this large of a trade?
    4. if the payment was sent as a gift and u have no confirmation and no security then no you lost everything.
    5. did you check steam rep before hand