1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198035635734 - ([Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Timeghost, May 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timeghost

Timeghost New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:22186306
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Steam Games

Accused profile: 76561198035635734

Victim profile: 76561198004638340

What happened? Description:
    E: So my earlier report was invalidated due to lack of trade agreement. Thank god Steam mobile app saves conversations, at least for a while!

I was selling a copy of DOOM on Steamtrades. (https://www.steamgifts.com/trade/olxig/h-doom-w-53-eur-paypal)
    This guy added me and offered to pay, provided link to WebMoney (https://passport.wmtransfer.com/asp/certview.asp?wmid=197059149500&ticket=undefined) saying his business level is very high, linked his Facebook, which has a same picture that he uses as his Steam profile pic and shares a similarity between his username (serij1d) and "real" name (Sergej Doguzov).
    Since he had higher rep than me, we agreed that I should go first. Now, normally I have a principle that the buyer should ALWAYS go first. He seemed all around legit, so I though the chance of him being a scammer is really low. He even wanted me to add him on Facebook, so I did. (https://www.facebook.com/sergej.doguzov)
    After gifting him DOOM, he seems to have blocked me on both FB and chat, since I can't access his FB profile anymore and he's always online on my friends list, but on profile it status changes.
    His steamrep seems ok. (http://steamrep.com/search?q=http://steamcommunity.com/id/233234234234234234242/)

Unfortunately, I closed chat before fully confirming that it's a scammer. He maintained a positive attitude, and provided many links, even his steamrep, so I thought it was worth the risk. I got screenshots of the entire conversation on Steam Mobile app, which included the moment of trade agreement. It's the IMGUR link.​

Provide Evidence:
    Link to chatlog:
    http://imgur.com/a/DeDgE

Below I have attached 3 pictures; the first one showing how on chat his status doesn't change for me: it's always online. It happens if someone blocks you on chat.
    The second one shows that he did indeed accept the gift I send to him.
    The third one shows that I can't access his FB profile anymore, after adding him since he requested it. Obviously blocked me.​

Attached Files:

2. Timeghost

Timeghost New User

Steam:
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Edit: Reopened awaiting Op follow up
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
  4. Timeghost

Timeghost New User

Steam:
    Provide Evidence:
    OK, attached is ALL evidence I'm able to provide. Included the whole chatlog with pay agreement and all, plus the fact that he's blocked me after receiving my gift. I can also provide a screenshot where no new payments have been transferred to my account, if needs be.

Attached Files:

5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @Timeghost Need to show that you gave this user something and never got what was promised in screen shots.
    Do keep in mind communication and activity on anything but steam is not acceptable such as facebook so all of that is irrelevant.
    Past reports against this user are also irrelevant to THIS report.
  6. Timeghost

Timeghost New User

Steam:
    Are screenshots that show who I sent this gift to and that no funds have been received by my Paypal account enough, especially if the latter has timestamps?
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I don't see a paypal activity screen shot? Did I miss something ?
  8. Timeghost

Timeghost New User

Steam:
    Sorry, it was just a question. Here are attached screenshots, also proving that they're indeed taken hours after gifting the game - and the promised payment.

Attached Files:

9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Please provide a paypal activity screen shot - FULL screen from lets say the last several days to present - DO NOT EDIT the screen shot - edited or cropped screen shots are not acceptable.
  10. Timeghost

Timeghost New User

Steam:
    Here is a full-desktop, completely unadulterated screenshot, which SHOULD provide everything necessary. The time, which is hour after the "trade", and recent Paypal history.
    Steam interface gets a bit in the way, but you should be able to make clear of who I've received payment from - and the suspect is NOT one of those people. Bottom center Steam shows the time at which the gift was redeemed by the suspect, still no payment after countless hours on paypal. The current time is on the left side of screen to elaborate.

Attached Files:

11. Timeghost

Timeghost New User

Steam:
    Additional, more detailed Paypal view

Attached Files:

12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thanks moving to review
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.