1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198035664508 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by paddy 2, Oct 3, 2015.

1. paddy 2

paddy 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:68661537
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Gambling] Gambling fraud or spycrab runner
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198035664508

Victim profile: 76561198097588802

What happened? Description:
    I was asked to spycrab an Unusual Nuts and bolts Fed Fightin' Fedora, by Baggls. He asked for a middleman, which was supposed to be Seth, who was posing for an admin. He had said that he'd given his 16 keys to him. Then he asked me to give him my unusual. So I did. After that, they both left and didn't come back.

Sadly, I didn't get any screenshots of the chat because it was over voice. It happened on the Team Quigly Trading servers. A few friends of mine can vouch for me.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Baggls

Baggls New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37699390
    Was linked to this by my friend, wtf is this, I beat this kid in a spycrab which we had a middleman, this is just some angry kid, who wanted to report someone because he lost and flipped s✿✿✿....
  3. Baggls

Baggls New User

Steam:
    I also traded my unusual to the middleman, but in the screenshot he blocked that out... upload_2015-10-3_22-13-57.png
  4. Baggls

Baggls New User

Steam:
    So as you see this was a fair spycrab, and it was an angry kid who false reported.
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @paddy 2

Unfortunately, due to changes in our investigative policy we no longer accept reports on spycrab scams, or similar types of gambling fraud. Different communities have different rules regarding such scams, so you should report this incident to the server's admins.

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/notice-changes-to-investigation-policy.47952/

Additionally, proof of the trade agreement is crucial. If you don't have that, we can't accept your report and I'd have to archive it anyway. Your best bet is to get help from the server admins, who may have witnessed the spycrab. Without proof of the trade agreement though, and verifiable record of the spycrabbing match, we can't prove a scam occurred.