1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198040451441 - (A$AP Lamp / [Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Sean The Gentleman, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Sean The Gentleman

Sean The Gentleman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:39301215
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Steam Games

Accused profile: 76561198040451441 (A$AP Lamp)

Victim profile: 76561198038868158

What happened? Description:
    He added me on steam and asked if he can open my Borderlands 2 4-pack for 2 keys. Because opening 4-pack was risky so I asked him several questions. Turned out, his answers were very fishy. He said that he opened a 4-pack in Summer Sale and he did not have to make any deposit for insurance . I checked his games, and I could not find a game that was in a 4-pack and was activated in summer. So I asked for the name of the seller and the name of the game he opened in summer. After a while, he confessed everything.​

Provide Evidence:
    The first 3 pictures are chat logs.
    The last one is his PAYDAY 2 game, which he said was activated in summer. However, all the achievement started on 8th December.​

Attached Files:

2. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Thank you for the report, a SteamREP admin will look at this soon.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. A$AP Lamp

A$AP Lamp New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40092856
    I'm not sure if this is the place to state my case, but I'd like to just say something.

I'll admit it, I did in fact lie to the person in question, however, I honestly had no intention of scamming. I would've carried out the deal as promised, and even though there is no way of proving it, I'd just like to say I had no ill intentions. I've been trading for almost a year and have never been accused of scamming aside from this one post. Even throughout the 6 months this post has existed (which, keep in mind, I did not know about until recently) I have been making a profit on TF2 honestly, and I really did just want a copy of Borderlands 2. In retrospect what I did wasn't smart nor honest, but I have never lied to another trader and would never even dream about doing it again as I'd like to believe I am a wiser person now.

So in conclusion, I just really wanted the game and now I realize lying was a foolish thing to do and I fully resent it. But I am no scammer and did not wish to keep the other 3 copies. I'd greatly appreciate it if the admins would read this and take it into account when reviewing this and considering marking me. I am fully confident this will be the last report against me.
  4. A$AP Lamp

A$AP Lamp New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40092856
    Also keep in mind that the trade never actually toke place and he has no solid evidence that I was even going to scam. Again, I've been legitimately trading for almost a year and I personally loathe scammers and have numerous friends that have been scammed. I have acquired all my games through trading and have had no complaints aside from this one.