1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198042319436 - (KotL.Win-Senpai / [DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ExtraCheesyPie, Mar 12, 2014.

1. ExtraCheesyPie

ExtraCheesyPie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41301565
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198042319436 (KotL.Win-Senpai)

Victim profile: 76561198042868859

What happened? Description:
    I was playing Dota 2, and someone said "Giving away free items" in the chat. I replied, and this is what followed. Apologies, I closed the window at the beginning (he said he would send me a Trade Offer on Steam). He later tried to brush it off as a social experiment, and sent me a "Survey" question, after which he bailed.​

Provide Evidence:
    apologies if I didn't do it right. View attachment 59670 View attachment 59671

Attached Files:

2. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    Thank you for the report, an admin will review it shortly.
  3. winalltodie

winalltodie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41026854
    Hi this is the reported "scammer" from this post. First off, this is actually a social experiment that I preformed on several people which was used for a high school psychology course. Second, when you said I "bailed" I was actually just waiting for responses for a long period of time from you for my survey. If an admin or anyone reviewing this would like me to confirm any of this I'd be happy to oblige. Sorry that you thought this was a scam.
  4. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Hello ExtraCheesyPie,

Your report was accepted and the accused is flagged for caution in all future trades.

Thank you for submitting this report to SteamRep.