1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198043983642 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by buffermail, Aug 26, 2014.

1. buffermail

buffermail New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53007215
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198043983642

Victim profile: 76561198066280159

What happened? Description:
    I was part of the group "Best Raffles Around". The purpose of the group is to "raffle" an item, these raffles work just like the ones in real life. I contacted one of their admins to ask if it was possible for me to give them 5 keys to be raffled and receive a portion of the winnings. The admin accepted but informed me that if would take a long time for the process to get started and that raffling, in general, is stressful and etc. He seemed like a nice person so I agreed and asked him to contact me when it is done, also informing him that I would occasionally check with him. A month later I asked him how it was going - apparently he did not keep any record of what he was supposed to do and was "sure" that I had given him only 4 keys, he ignored my show of proof and eventually saw that we had, indeed, traded 5 keys. He also said he has raffled only 2 keys so far. His attitude was unpleasant, to say the least, and he was completely unwilling to simply return my keys to me, even considering he has barely been acting on what we agreed on and was hostile during our conversation. He tried to give me some metal and a hat in exchange for the two keys, that have been raffled, I refused, as I have no time to trade and am not a good trader and in no way can I hope to get a good deal on the items. He continued to try and convince me to trade them or sell them, stating that he can't give me my keys back, as they belong "to the group now" (even though he has several keys in his possession). I notified him of my intention to submit a complaint on his group, but he kicked me out of it.​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 128936 View attachment 128937 View attachment 128938 View attachment 128939 View attachment 128940 View attachment 128941 View attachment 128942 View attachment 128943 View attachment 128944 View attachment 128945 View attachment 128946

As to his claim that I have contacted him after "MONTHS", I have actually contacted him 1 month after I gave him the keys, which is 6 days after the actual raffle.

I do not have the first chat transcription. :(

Attached Files:

2. buffermail

buffermail New User

Steam:
    I forgot to add that technically it is possible that he will return my keys to me some day, but I wanted to take action now and not make the same mistake of trusting him.
  3. buffermail

buffermail New User

Steam:
    By the way, since the accused found out about this report he is trying to convince me to take it down BEFORE he gives me anything in return. Even though if he returns the items to me he could show a screenshot of it and render the report void.
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    We need uncropped, unedited screenshots of your inventory history, taken from within the Steam client with the URL bar visible. If you don't have the URL bar visible within Steam, please enable it. To enable the URL bar, go to View -> Settings -> Interface. Check the box next to Display Steam URL address bar when available. To access your inventory history, hover over your name in the Steam window, and click Inventory. Click More -> View Inventory History. I need the full inventory history from the date before the transaction in question until the day after.

Do you have screenshots of this conversation? Please upload them.
  5. buffermail

buffermail New User

Steam:
    Here are the screenshots of my Inventory History and the aforementioned conversation.

I would like to note that I would prefer to annul this report if the accused provides me with enough metal to obtain five keys by modern prices, however I find that not likely.

Trade His 01.png Trade His 02.png Trade His 03.png

Taco 11.jpg Taco 12.jpg Taco 13.jpg Taco new 01.jpg
  6. buffermail

buffermail New User

Steam:
    Also, I would like to thank you for reviewing my case. :)
  7. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Thanks for your report, this should be ready for an admin to review.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  8. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    notes
    Hidden Content:
  9. buffermail

buffermail New User

Steam:
    I was wondering if I could bring some attention to this.