1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198044591324 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Spammeforever20, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spammeforever20

Spammeforever20 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53180966
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198044591324

Victim profile: 76561198066627661

What happened? Description:
    Alright, I'm currently in shock that such a highly repped member of the community would scam me but allow me to begin.
    This all started quite some time ago when I purchased 45 keys from Crimsion CHin for around 80usd. He delevired as I expected and ever since that point, I've trusted him. Fast foward a couple months, as I have traded up with those 45 keys to 150 keys, of which I decide to cash out with. Crimsion and I both agree on the price of 1.7usd for ea key netting me a total of 254usd for the sale of 150keys. As I am about to complete the transaction, he tells me the fee would be 8 usd , and we decide to spilt the fee, thus netting me 251 usd. I send him the keys and he sends me 251usd from paypal. Fast fowasd to octorbor 24th, where I find out he has charged back using his bank/credit card. I am just left speechless.

Screenshots from me trading him 150 keys: http://imgur.com/JP3mbU2
    Screenshots of my transactions with him http://imgur.com/zq21Nrm
    Screenshot of him charging back http://imgur.com/cLiLLw9
    If there is anything I can provide, please tell me.​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshots from me trading him 150 keys: http://imgur.com/JP3mbU2
    Screenshots of my transactions with him http://imgur.com/zq21Nrm
    Screenshot of him charging back http://imgur.com/cLiLLw9
    If there is anything I can provide, please tell me.​

Attached Files:

2. Spammeforever20

Steam:
    I really hope this person sees the light of justice
  3. Spammeforever20

Steam:
    The user has stated he intends to repay me.
  4. Spammeforever20

Steam:
    The crimsion chin has said he will repay me once this thread is archived.
  5. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    This thread will not be archived-- if he has such a condition, then he really is trying to scam you and deserves to be banned. He needs to unconditionally pay you what you are owed-- regardless of what happens here.

Do you have evidence of your original agreement with him?
    Spammeforever20 likes this.
  6. Spammeforever20

Steam:
    Hey Mattie. I understand and appreicate your absolute effort to rid this world of scammers, but this particular user is a highly respected and trusted user of the steam community and his excuse of his mother charging back on his credit card is plasible. I be prompt and quickly repost this thread if he fails to follow through with action.
  7. Spammeforever20

Steam:
    Hey Mattie. I understand and appreicate your absolute effort to rid this world of scammers, but this particular user is a highly respected and trusted user of the steam community and his excuse of his mother charging back on his credit card is plasible. I be prompt and quickly repost this thread if he fails to follow through with action.
  8. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    Sorry, if he's highly respected and trusted, then he'll pay you back regardless of this thread. It won't be archived because he asked for it to be.

If his mother charged back, that is understandable and happens a lot, but this report won't be closed until you are paid back. Let us know when he pays you back or gives you an exact timetable on paying you back.

95% of the time someone saying "they'll pay you back when X" is just them trying to extort you and they have no intention to pay you back.
  9. Spammeforever20

Steam:
    I would once again like to thank you for your work at preventing scamming. The accused has fully refunded me and I would like to archive this thread.
  10. The Crimson Chin

The Crimson Chin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42162798
    Could have all very easily been resolved if he contacted me, first. I had to use another bank account because the one I usually use didn't work; I brought this up during the trade. My mom must have saw it and not known what it was -- leading to chargeback. I never once blocked/deleted him, so if he had simply brought it up, I could have easily repaid him. There is no reason for me to scam him. I'm that this can at least all be resolved, now.
  11. The Crimson Chin

The Crimson Chin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42162798
    Could I please have this report lifted..? I felt like everyone would just forget about this once I paid back the money, which appears to have happened...
  12. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    Hi-- as you recently had a chargeback issue, I'm going to put a temporary CAUTION so others know to be careful in PayPal trades with you for the timebeing. In January 2015, post an appeal in our appeals section and send me a PM/conversation here with a link to it and we'll downgrade assuming there are no other people impacted by your PayPal chargeback situation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.