1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198046531944 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Lucifer, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Lucifer

Lucifer New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13941667
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198046531944

Victim profile: 76561197988149063

What happened? Description:
    I go to a trade surver and see this dude sapming "sellin $20 and $50 wallet codes"

knowing hes a scamer I trade him to see what he says. he declinds to trade so I frend him (to get his info.

by friending him he starts to talk to me, so I ask abou the codes

this is what I got (screen shoots)

he says he would do a mm (even tho I seid id find one) and the unfriends me.....​

Provide Evidence:
    piks of him spamin his scam, him sayin he is scamin and him wanttin to get a mm (that's prob a fake)​

Attached Files:

2. Skulliver22

Skulliver22 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43133108
    I have but 1 question for you.

What is wrong with LEGITIMATELY ( SPELT CORRECTLY ) selling steam wallet codes which I had purchased from EB games.
    It is not ILLEGAL to sell steam wallet codes. If it is done correctly with a reliable middleman which is not banned on SR then it is fine. If you have a grudge against everybody who sells steam wallet cards then I recommend that you recheck the rules, because you sure as hell don't know what a rule is.

Problems with the images:

First Picture: Saying something in chat two times is not a SPAM.
    (Defition for spam: https://www.google.com/#q=Definition Spam )

Second Image: People are allowed to sell codes it does not mean that it is an illegitimate system. If you do suspect something then you can check my steam rep to ensure that I do not have a scamming title. If you are concerned about my reputation even after verifying on SR then perhaps you should review your decision on purchasing wallet codes. What you need to learn is that not every person who sells wallet cards is bad. In fact I will be infuriated if I am banned as a result of you lack of incompetence.

Third image: Now I offered for you to supply a middleman as you can see in the image. You had an option to supply your own middleman which means that this was not a setup. Another incompetent act which you do not see with knowledge or intellect.

Closing Remarks: If I am to be charged guilty of this act then I will be infuriated as I have done nothing wrong, I have defended my actions with sufficient proof which the accuser supplied himself. This analysis verifies how defective this proof is. I have worked extremely hard to get my items with countless hours of trading and playing to earn these items.

My Message to the Accuser: I have thought up many things to say to you but I decided to summarise it in one basic word which you may understand considering your lack of correct spelling specified in the statement above. That word is 'Foolish'....

resulting from or showing a lack of sense; ill-considered; unwise:
    a foolish action, a foolish speech.
    lacking forethought or caution.
    trifling, insignificant, or paltry.

Sincerely 11 / Keep Calm I'm The Doctor
  3. Lucifer

Lucifer New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13941667
    sure mate.

code scams have been around from the first day of wallet codes, they are always fishy and no one really likes doing them becomes of the need for middle men/ more then 2 trades.

and for your "problems"

1. that was the part I got, you were spamming it every second, witch isn't allowed in most servers and gets really annoying. yes I know your trying to sell stuff, but plz, 1 time per chat cycle, and if people want to trade with you they will, no need to fill up the chat wit your "sellin codes". people can see. also other people try and sell stuff as well, let them have some time in the chat

2. scammers have been "selling" codes from the day wallet codes came out. most trades don't like doing it because of all the hassle and needing to find a middle man (that could end up being a scammer as well)

3.i said I would get a middle man but you come back saying you will. most scammers do that same thing (and end up getting a fake middle man or a fellow scammer friend)

if I was you I would buy keys and sell them. the market sells them for a few c under then normal price (so around $2.30-$2.45)

and if your the 1 in a million million that isn't a scammer i would do it the way you are. but really..... don't sell stuff that needs 2 or more trades to do, no one really likes doing it and it reeks with being a scam
  4. Skulliver22

Steam:
    Response:

1. I was not spamming it every second and you know that, Otherwise you would have seen the trade chat filled with spam... But as shown in your evidence it only shows two messages. Unless your implying your own evidence is defective ?...

2. How would you suggest trading the codes fairly ? What system does SR use ? ( Obviously a middleman system ), what is your problem with people simply trading Steam Wallet codes for items ? Why do you suspect everyone is a scammer ?

3. Another false claim, where is your evidence ? Your virtually using your own evidence against yourself. LOOK I offer for you to get a middleman which means that it could not possibly be a setup. Thank you for supporting my case :)

Your closing remarks are also unsupported where are your statistics ? You are accusing me of being a scammer based on your stereotype of a someone who sells steam wallet codes. NOT on actual evidence. Please view this website on how to do correct in text referencing... https://www.dlsweb.rmit.edu.au/bus/public/referencing/secondary_sources/para/intext.html

A Good Man Is Now Going To War...

Sincerely 11...

You have not seen the end of this Lucifer >:)

BTW: Try passing grade 3 English, perhaps then your arguments will have correct spelling.. :)
  5. Skulliver22

Steam:
    Just look at all the underlined errors. I would be amazed if this guy could tell the difference between a Horse and a Car XD. Well at least I spelt them right :p

I go to a trade surver and see this dude sapming "sellin $20 and $50 wallet codes"
    knowing hes a scamer I trade him to see what he says. he declinds to trade so I frend him (to get his info.
    by friending him he starts to talk to me, so I ask abou the codes
    this is what I got (screen shoots)
    he says he would do a mm (even tho I seid id find one) and the unfriends me.....
  6. Skulliver22

Steam:
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @Lucifer,

SteamRep is against any form of Code trading, be it CD Keys, Wallet codes, or whatever. The reasons are mostly due the vulnerabilities the buyer exposes themselves to, which are:
    • Hijacking (seller knows some about the buyer's account if the trade is successful)
    • Losing access or getting a Trade or Community ban by Valve (a lot of those codes are russian wallet codes, which are banned for outside russia by Valve, and currently I'm not even aware if other regions for those codes are region locked as well, resulting in the same)
    • The codes cannot be verified by any means, its basically: try the code, see if it works or not. Admins cannot try, for that would mean if it was valid, it would get activated on their account if the buyer did it wrong.
    • Cannot find out if and by whom such a code is activated. Which is key in finding out who was to blame: did the seller already use it? did the buyer activate it on a secondary account? Was the code fake? No real way to find out.
    • The Wallet Codes and/or CD Keys are intended for personal usage.
    Which makes it impossible for SteamRep to administer and/or judge upon them. Only the very obvious ones we maybe could do.
    Which brings me to this case: We're not handling CD key/Wallet codes. And the case is not "obvious" enough to warrant doing it anyways, for no trade took place, showing no results.

@Skulliver22 Not everybody has English as their first language, its not mine for instance. Or maybe in this case: is old enough to have had much schooling in spelling or w/e. Its irrelevant to us, as long as the meaning is conveyed. Also, anybody can report a scam, even scammers. So such is not relevant to us on a report. Belittling someone instead of going into the issue will get you in trouble someday, so maybe you should try practicing to stop that. The self justification by you on your first post here is also irrelevant to us.

@Lucifer, Your report was set archived and moved to archive. To see why, please read:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/notice-changes-to-investigation-policy.47952/