1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198049384842 - (Depth / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Fukki Si, May 29, 2014.

1. Fukki Si

Fukki Si New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34650877
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198049384842 (Depth)

Victim profile: 76561198029567483

What happened? Description:
    I already made a pretty huge post on reddit about this. I'm not sure if steamrep wants/can do anything with this but i still wanted to report this.

Instead of making a copy of that huge post heres the link.
    www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/26q2ol/amusing_new_scam_method_analysis/
    (don't get the wrong idea, not trying to get more upvotes, just easier then rewriting all of that)​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      104.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      193.6 KB
      Views:
  2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Do you have proof that he does not work at an orphanage?
    This is hearsay. If you have any more proof please upload via the Upload A File button at the bottom of the screen.
  3. Fukki Si

Fukki Si New User

Steam:
    I will have more proof up shotly.
  4. Fukki Si

Fukki Si New User

Steam:
    My main goal here was to get to know more info about this "orphanage".
    A name, email, phone number or even a location.

[09:07:22 PM] Depth disgusted: Hello how areyou doing today?
    [09:07:32 PM] Depth disgusted: It this is to say I'm a scammer please don't continue
    [09:07:36 PM] Depth disgusted: if*
    [09:09:02 PM] Depth disgusted: If it isn't then please continue :)
    ? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: ow hey sorry i was down stairs drinking tea
    ? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: i didnt add you to call you bad words or anything, but i do have some questions for you :3
    Depth disgusted: Sure
    Depth disgusted: Fire away :)
    ? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: i find that guys post on reddit weird and i don't believe him, i wanted to hear your side of the story because i think it's amazing what you do.
    Depth disgusted: Well I kinda have dinner In a feww minutes. But I'll explain whaat I can during that time
    Depth disgusted: So every other day I go to an orphanage and I volunteer for 2 hours or so
    Depth disgusted: I love it
    Depth disgusted: I live in Africa. so I chose to help out at a really poor orphanage because it seemed they needed the most help. I thought thaat they didn't get enough money from the gov or who ever is funding them. Idk if it's private or goverment owned. So I wanted to pitch in with some money

Looking at his google webcache he first said he was from france and canada.
    https://webcache.googleusercontent....steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198049384842

Depth disgusted: Some donaters have given a few weapons , all the way to 40 hats
    Depth disgusted: I already have an unsual
    Depth disgusted: with that I plan to get a better one, then a better one and im planning to get 150$ by the end of june by trading these unsuals for real money
    Depth disgusted: just to help 'em out a bit
    ? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: What's this orphanage called ?
    Depth disgusted: There's no name! That's how poor it is!
    Depth disgusted: There around 50 kids

Pretty sure every orphanage has a name, even if it is poor, names are free and +50 kids is a pretty big for a small orphanage.

Depth disgusted: ages 3 - 9
    Depth disgusted: They do have 3 meals aday except for it isn't the most amount of food that they need
    Depth disgusted: it's like the bare minimum
    Depth disgusted: they do have a little vegetable garden to help them sell and buy more foods
    ? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: ahh, okay, but where is this orphanage located ? i want to donate some money directly to them.
    Depth disgusted: Not trying to be rude, so If I say somehing you don't like sorry
    Depth disgusted: But it is kind of obvious If i wanted to help out at a really poor orphanage and they don't have a name
    Depth disgusted: they probably don't have a site or anything
    ? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: ahh okay, still im sure they have some kind of e-mail or phone number i can call right ?

So hes providing no way for me to contact this "orphanage". There is no name, no phone number and no e-mail or anything.

Depth disgusted: No ):
    Depth disgusted: I live 5 hours from the desert betwen the desert is the Sahel
    Depth disgusted: The Sahel is also very hot and dry but not as hot and dry as a desert
    Depth disgusted: by car from the city it takes an hour to get there but from where I live it takes an hour and a half to get there

Note this for later.

Depth disgusted: Like I said I chose to help out at the poorest one
    Depth disgusted: they only have an orphaange, a garden, they send some kids out to beg, only the old ones the 9 year olds. And they have a little school and are currently building another one but a bit bigger
    Depth disgusted: And you could hardly say that the school helps them alot
    ? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: So there is really no way for me to contact them directly ?
    Depth disgusted: Not eeven I can

So your there daily yet you cant contact them ?

Depth disgusted: I only got into contact with them because my moms friend personally knew the owner, and my mom works in WFP ( World Food Program )
    Depth disgusted: I don't think the kids or workers there leave the orphanage alot because they are so far from the city and they have to walk ( 2-4 hours )

Note this for later.

? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: Does she have a work e-mail ? im pretty sure she can get incontact with the owner.
    ? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: if she works for the WFP
    Depth disgusted: I'm sure you don't believe me
    Depth disgusted: If you want you can think of me as a scammer

Trying to avoid the questions he cant anwser.

Depth disgusted: But my moms friend has only ever meet the owner, never talked to her in any other way
    Depth disgusted: So ,yes If you want to report me or talk more about me on Reddit go ahead
    Depth disgusted: But I will continue with trying to get money for it
    Depth disgusted: I'm not asking anyone else for items anyway. All I needed was an unsual now I can trade it and trade it up fto a higher unsual
    ? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: but how do you get to the orphange ? im sure you dont go alone ?
    Depth disgusted: Mother drives me
    ? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: Okay, if this is such a small orphange the owner must be there everyday right ?
    Depth disgusted: Yes?
    Depth disgusted: I dont think they leave it much
    ? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: So your mom does meet the owner daily by dropping you off ?
    Depth disgusted: not daily, every other day
    Depth disgusted: Yes, my mom also helps out a bit there
    ? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: but you just said that your moms friend only meets the owner and that he never talks to her in anyway
    Depth disgusted: ok I don't think you get it
    Depth disgusted: so
    Depth disgusted: my moms friend meets the owner when she comes to the city
    Depth disgusted: but the owner doesnt come to the city that much, maybe once a month?
    Depth disgusted: But my mom and I meet her every other day

So his mom works for the WFP, and helps there at the orphange, probally sees the owner almost daily since they dont leave, but he cant contact the owner nor can his mom.
    "? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: So there is really no way for me to contact them directly ? Depth disgusted: Not eeven I can"

? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: but you just said they dont leave it that much
    Depth disgusted: Exactly
    Depth disgusted: the owner comes to the city once a month
    Depth disgusted: My MOM and ME go there every OTHER day, and we meet her THERE

Remember what he said first ? He said he went over there daily for 2 hours.
    "[11:01:14 PM] Depth: Ok i'm just going to say this. No, I am not a scammer. I actually work 2 hours every other day at an orphanage. I have never had any high tier unusuals just one before. I recently started collecting items to get unsuals for charity."

Depth disgusted: once again not trying to be rude
    ? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: So where is this located precisely ?
    Depth disgusted: let me get a map of senegal on google quick k?
    Depth disgusted: https://www.google.sn/maps/preview?...gl=sn&ei=-4-HU-reEI7-PO-3gYgL&ved=0CCwQ8gEwAA
    Depth disgusted: That's senegal
    Depth disgusted: I live in dakar the one closest to the ocea
    Depth disgusted: where I go to is Touba

Okay he says he lives in Dakar and that he goes to Touba,
    "Depth disgusted: by car from the city it takes an hour to get there but from where I live it takes an hour and a half to get there"
    If you use google maps you can actually see it takes 2 hour and 43 min by car, since it is 181 KM.
    If it truly took 1 hour that means they would need to drive 120.7km per hour non stop.

? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: so its located in Touba ?
    Depth disgusted: You saw the map right?
    ? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: yeah
    Depth disgusted: And you saw where Touba was?
    Depth disgusted: ok, well Touba is a nice small town, you could maybe call it a teeny city. But the outskirts of Touba are very run down
    ? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: so in which is the orphange ?
    Depth disgusted: What do you mean

Looks like hes trying to avoide the question again.

? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: which of those 2 citys is the orphange
    Depth disgusted: Which two cities. Do you mean Dakar, where I live and Touba?
    ? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: i mean where is the orphange located precisely, in which city ?
    Depth disgusted: It's in Touba but to be very exact thats on the outskirts of Touba
    Depth disgusted: https://www.google.sn/maps/preview?...=sn&ei=CZKHU7SrJIqe0QWs9oCwDw&ved=0CC8Q8gEwAA
    Depth disgusted: That is the map of touba
    ? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: so where is it in touba ?
    Depth disgusted: do you see N3 at the top right?
    Depth disgusted: on the left of that N3 three is a road. The orphanage is in-between those two roads
    Depth disgusted: there*
    ? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: i dont see it, those 2 roads
    Depth disgusted: So, you saw the N3 at the top right of Touva
    Depth disgusted: Touba*
    Depth disgusted: And on the left of that road there is another road
    Depth disgusted: do you see it?
    ? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: you mean these ? http://i.imgur.com/ryrP7s7.png
    Depth disgusted: uhm nope one sec ill screen shot it

Thats what i found so far looking on google maps.

? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: okay
    Depth disgusted: oh no wait one sec
    Depth disgusted: i think you post the right picture
    Depth disgusted: i just couldnt see where that one leme check
    Depth disgusted: yes yes, it's there but a little to the left
    Depth disgusted: theres another road on the left
    Depth disgusted: and its in the middle of those 2 roads
    ? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: can you screenshot it for me, i find it hard to find :(

He went offline here for some time.

Depth disgusted: sorry
    Depth disgusted: steam poo'd on me
    Depth disgusted: k its uploading
    Depth disgusted: http://i.imgur.com/PCpcbLg.png
    Depth disgusted: is that ok now?
    ? Gamer Girl ~ Jolie ?: brb

Okay so now we know where the oprhange should be located.
    He first said that the walk to the nearest city took 2-4 hours.
    If you use google you can see its 7.9Km and should only take about 1 hour and 40 min to get to the center of Touba.

He can't provide a name, phone or e-mail of this orphanage.
    He's avoiding questions.
    Hes first says there is no way to contact the owner then tells me his mom and him see her almost daily.
    He can't provide a way to contact his mom who works for the WFP.
    Travel distance/time doenst add up.

Attached Files:

5. Eren - Yeager

Eren - Yeager Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:83026721
    Would like to add my proofs , this was posted on cs go community

Watch out for so called " Brokering Services "
    So a random guy adds you and tells you that he has a friend that makes your knife go up as a and this random guy ask you if you would like to give your knife to his friend to do that service , of course since I am not stupid I make them show me enough proofs and of course they only have lame ones . This is just a warning on how brokering services are most likely scams.

Here's proof :

http://i.imgur.com/q8TW6dW.png?1
    http://i.imgur.com/8SwMACr.png?1
    http://i.imgur.com/SMBs9Co.png?1
    http://i.imgur.com/V6mBC8G.png?1
  6. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Unfortunately this is outside the scope we can investigate, so I will have to archive this report. Thank you for the report regardless.