1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198049574207 (3man)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Xel'Naga, Mar 19, 2012.

1. patymcd

patymcd New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43464266
    1st.) Online In Paypal, respond to the claim received with photo evidence of any transaction made with the buyer and post that in the notes section. Provide as much evidence as possible to back up your claim.

2nd.) Any one who has not done so yet, Give Paypal a call and speak with the person in charge of your case!(after submitting a response online)
    -After speaking with customer service for some time it seems responding to the claim with a good deal of evidence will significantly help your case, so all is not lost as of yet. If the buyer does not respond within seven days the case is then looked at with what evidence there is; meaning enough evidence from the seller and the case can be won.

I strongly advice everyone to put a call in.

To the accounts that have limitations placed on funds, This would be the number to Paypal's Limitations department 402-935-2050.
    Calling the customer service number works as well, although it involves more elevator music and you will be passed around a bit until you speak with the right person.

Best of luck to you all
  2. Moki

Moki New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:15030451
    Thanks for that number, I will definitely give them a call. But listen guys, Roberto apparently thinks that those chargeback are NOT done by scammer. He just stole PayPal accounts, and chargebacks are people recovering their stolen money!

I already sent note to PayPal to proceed with chrageback, I can't fight for money someone else lost to scammer.
  3. Xel'Naga

Xel'Naga New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11090427
    This won't work because the scammer is using stolen PayPal accounts, so these transactions are legitimately unauthorized by the actual owners of the accounts. The real owners are the ones doing the chargebacks through their credit card provider. Since the original owner didn't authorize the payment, PayPal will give the money back to them, and will NOT give any money back to you, as they assign zero value to digital items.

It's incredibly rare that the seller wins in these cases, even with screenshots and excruciatingly-detailed notes of the transaction. PayPal simply doesn't care about the seller in these types of cases, so it's a very slim chance to win.
  4. Xel'Naga

Xel'Naga New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11090427
    I'm not a member of SR staff, however I think it would also be a good idea for everybody being scammed by this guy to post any new PayPal names/email addresses you catch this guy using. This way we'll have extra data out in the open to refer to, so as to avoid other possible scams from happening.
  5. Muakz

Muakz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37379682
    Hey guys sorry to burst your bubble, I provided every evidence, explaination, etc. Paypal doesn't give a s✿✿✿ about it. Xel's right! Paypal is s✿✿✿ honestly. Buyer has more protection.

Payment got reversed today as so called "Security Center" decided that I apparently have excessive risk (dafuq?) I have a clean history and no scams even a rep thread. Gave paypal a call and after every single complaint that I made all I hear is this "we have decided not to do any business with you and that is final" "you can google search another payment service". Thing is this, I don't care if there's another payment method but for now my money is being reversed back when I have already provided the items. Nothing can be done, my paypal account is now limited say forever lol. Can't remove bank account neither can I remove any card. Calling PayPal won't do anything. I suggest those who can still withdraw get ur funds out of paypal and don't risk yourselves anymore.

http://imgur.com/YvfWW,cGmrp,pN8ut#0
    http://imgur.com/YvfWW,cGmrp,pN8ut#1
    http://imgur.com/YvfWW,cGmrp,pN8ut#2

Know this, when dealing with virtual items -NEVER USE PAYPAL. Once a buyer claims for unauthorised transaction, you're pretty much screwed as 99% the buyer will win calling their credit card company etc. As of now, this has already blew a hole in my pocket and I'm hopping steam can do something about this.
  6. Kirby

Kirby New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41871202
    Doesn't the guy have to pay for damages himself? Its one of the things under "Hacking" in the TOS of paypal. If we know who he is, then why can't we get him to pay up?
  7. Desm()nd

Desm()nd New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25466121
    Also got scammed by him.
    How can we make him pay? He did very big damage to the sellers.
  8. Muakz

Muakz New User

Steam:
    Screen shot 2012-03-21 at 12.09.14 PM.png
    Payment reversed by buyer, not only have I lost money but also my paypal account. Steam Support is currently investigating this. The best we could hope for is to get our items back.
  9. Moki

Moki New User

Steam:
    Well that is golden. Muakz, so they "took" all your money and locked it? I highly doubt they can do something like that. They can probably reverse payments, and lock the account, but they can't just take your account and act like money on it are theirs, that is bullshit.
  10. Muakz

Muakz New User

Steam:
    hate to break it to you Moki but that's what they did to my account. Apparently I have excessive risk and when I called to ask why all they said was our security decided to limit your account and not treat you as our customer anymore. Best of all, they can send me an email stating " Most payments you receive are from honest buyers". This is obviously an overstatement on their part.
    Read on:
    http://imgur.com/YvfWW,cGmrp,pN8ut#0
    http://imgur.com/YvfWW,cGmrp,pN8ut#2
  11. Muakz

Muakz New User

Steam:
    sorry for the separate links I have compiled them into one album.
    Click Here
  12. patymcd

patymcd New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43464266
    I received a reply from steam support today. Seems there is nothing they can do besides investigate the accounts in question. 1 of the 4 accounts listed appears to be trade banned currently after I submitted my ticket. The Items Lost will not be returned from steam support.

My Paypal fortunately is not frozen. Only the $35 is being with held until the case is closed.

I don't know why they would freeze an entire account.
  13. Desm()nd

Desm()nd New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25466121
    You are very lucky that you sold just one bud. I got about 750$ chargebacked. My account wasn't blocked too, all they did is a minus on it.
    That is an incredible hit for me, if you say money will not be returned, then I don't know what to do with this s✿✿✿ :(
  14. Moki

Moki New User

Steam:
    Holy sh-t, $750. I am sorry for you, buddy. $38 here, and account locked with $250 on it. So, hopefully they will unlock it, otherwise it's quite a hit for me too.

Try to ask support at least. God f-----g damn, I hate those scamming suckers. Also, he was born in 1982. Who the f--k does stuff like that and is 30 years old? I hope he'll get eaten by some Russian grizzly bear.

Sorry for you.
  15. Kirby

Kirby New User

Steam:
    If we know his personal info can we do anything with it?
  16. Muakz

Muakz New User

Steam:
    good to hear that you guys got your paypal accounts back guys. Nonetheless, if dealing in huge amounts i think paypal should be your last option in fear of chargebacks. Mine's gone for unclear reasons. Worse part my limitation cannot be appealed against. Any Lawyer here? need some insights on international law
  17. Kirby

Kirby New User

Steam:
    If he gets away... he gets our buds... we don't get our money... Whats the punishment for scamming? Evvvrybody go scammer mode, theres no risk involved! >.>
  18. Muakz

Muakz New User

Steam:
    some facts, rumours or whatever you call it that I came across today
    http://www.screw-paypal.com/did_you_know.html.
    In short, when a buyer claims for a chargeback for unauthorised transaction, sellers lose 99% of the time. Because this way paypal doesn't have to be liable to pay those funds back (buyer uses credit company so paypal has no choice). So they rather use OUR money. Limiting your account for 180 days is just another excuse for paypal to earn interest on those funds.

Fact or not you decide.
  19. Moki

Moki New User

Steam:
    How is it going for you guys with PayPal? Still no response, 4 days got locked account. Hopefully they won't lock it for good -_-
  20. Kirby

Kirby New User

Steam:
    Still reviewing my case... I plan to call them shortly.