1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198049574207 (3man)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Xel'Naga, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Moki

Moki New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:15030451
    Let us know how did it go. I called them and talked for like 10 minutes, but nowhere near patymcd's experience. Just a random PayPal employee that had nothing to do with my exact case.
  2. Moki

Moki New User

Steam:
    Okay, they lifted the limitation for me. I just sent them link to Steamrep.com and told them some info about the guy who did this. Good luck guys, thanks for assisting :)
  3. Crusader

Crusader New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:12089898
    Did anyone notice that he puts at least 1 wep in the trade. I guess he explits steam policy. Like if he would't give you anything back and then write on him support ticket he might get probation, but as long as he giving at least one item from his side valve wont set him at least probation.
  4. Moki

Moki New User

Steam:
    I actually see that often when trading - even with non-scammers. Not sure why people do that, but I doubt it is what you're saying. I sell keys by PayPal, so I don't get anything back, but some people (even regulars), place in a weapon or crate or something.
  5. mouwen

mouwen New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40091363
    OMFG!
    I also sold this b✿✿✿✿ 5 earbuds for $105 + $75 = $180.
    Although I did not get chargeback requests from Paypal so far, I'm sure it will occur sooner or later since this scammer in fact used hacked money to pay me.
    I cashed-out days ago but my bank account still did not get the money from Paypal. I guess they have put my fund on held.
    My transactions with him: http://imgur.com/a/6oQCV
    I believe he hacked quite a lot credit cards, then registered Paypal with hushmail.com which is a temoprary email service.
  6. Yours Truly

Yours Truly New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40240815
  7. Yours Truly

Yours Truly New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40240815
    I believe he just purely jacked people's paypal account, as he has scammed me with a person that uses hotmail address not just hushman.
  8. Kirby

Kirby New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41871202
    Paypal is still reviewing my case, Steam Support is most likely not returning the items, but we are still discussing. I think paypal needs to realize there is a security problem and use the info about the person responsible that we dug up to track him down, end the security threat, and force *HIM* to fix the damages. Not the innocent people who had their paypal accounts compromised.

Really think this guy was "lucky" enough to find 10+ credit cards on the ground? I think he straight up hacked into the accounts.
  9. mekeon

mekeon Banned

10. Kirby

Kirby New User

Steam:
  11. TheSuperAnon

TheSuperAnon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:29855170
    Its going to be quite hard to track somebody down in another country. It would be more of a hassle getting the person then actually contacting Paypal and saying that this person is using stolen credit cards.
  12. Kirby

Kirby New User

Steam:
    So whats the lookout for our items/money? I have talked to steam support and now they are just talking about deleting the items in question. And we won't win the chargeback because its a legal chargeback. I think our best bet is under the paypal ToS with hackers paying for damages. Now if we can only get some international police thing :p
  13. TheSuperAnon

TheSuperAnon New User

Steam:
    I still don't understand why Steam Support will not just give us back our items. We clearly got scammed big time, and provided all the evidence we can. The hacker used stolen Paypal accounts, and it will be hard for Paypal to give us back our money this way.
  14. daemon

daemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26049181
    because steam support has NO OBLIGATION to guarantee your actions (sell items through a third-party, in this case Paypal).
    because you went through a third party, steam support CANNOT verify the transaction NOR is it covered under your TOS that you accepted when you signed up for steam.
    yes you got scammed, but the transactions themselves were outside of what valve guarantees for you.

paypal will NOT give you back your money, because it is AGAINST their TOS to 1. sell virtual items 2. use gifts for goods purchases
  15. TheSuperAnon

TheSuperAnon New User

Steam:
    Knowing this I would have never done any Paypal transactions :\. I talked with many traders who had sold goods for Paypal with no problem whatso ever, they kept saying that aslong as there is a note that "I will not chargeback" is there, they have some decent rep and hours on TF2, and it is a verified Paypal account, I had nothing to worry about. Well I guess I gotta live with this regret for the rest of my life, lesson learned :(.
  16. Oran

Oran New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25823759
    Ok, so I've been trying to get my PayPal account unlocked, but it won't happen because I'm underage.
    What if I would create another PayPal account, with the same user data (name, adress etc) but link it to another bank account? Would PayPal ban that account, too?
  17. Kirby

Kirby New User

Steam:
    Making multi accounts is against their TOS as well.

Approaching 2 weeks on my investigation.
  18. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    Just so you guys know, we have already marked this guy and put his information on his SR profile. I'm leaving this thread open purely so that you guys can continue discussing this, since I know that many people were defrauded by this person. I will mark it as "Accepted" though so you all know that we did indeed mark him. You are welcome to continue to discuss, however.
  19. TheSuperAnon

TheSuperAnon New User

Steam:
    Just got three emails from paypal.

"Hello Justin,

We have conducted a review of a payment that you received. In this case, returning the funds to the sender was determined to be the appropriate action, and we have completed a reversal of the payment. Good selling practices like trackable shipping, prompt shipment, and communication between buyer and seller help prevent disputes.

The funds from the following transaction have been debited from your account:Transaction Date: Mar 18, 2012 14:36:18 CDT
    Transaction Amount: $190.00 USD
    Buyer's Email: [email protected]

If you have questions regarding this reversed transaction, please contact us using the link below:

https://www.paypal.com/us/wf/f=ap_hist

We appreciate your patience during this investigation.

Thanks,

PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello Justin,

We have conducted a review of a payment that you received. In this case, returning the funds to the sender was determined to be the appropriate action, and we have completed a reversal of the payment. Good selling practices like trackable shipping, prompt shipment, and communication between buyer and seller help prevent disputes.

The funds from the following transaction have been debited from your account:Transaction Date: Mar 18, 2012 14:57:15 CDT
    Transaction Amount: $140.00 USD"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello Justin,

The funds from the following transaction have been debited from your account:Transaction Date: Mar 18, 2012 14:38:09 CDT
    Transaction Amount: $125.00 USD"

There goes $455, and 13 earbuds.
  20. TheSuperAnon

TheSuperAnon New User

Steam:
    Also, if there's anybody who can help solve my negative Paypal balance, it would be best to add me on Steam :(. I want to make another claim asking Paypal to see into this full case of the hijacked Paypal account, but don't know how to fully explain it to them.