1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198171749527 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Pyro Shark, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Pyro Shark

Pyro Shark New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48941672
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198171749527

Victim profile: 76561198058149073

What happened? Description:
    He said he would pay 100 dollars for my knife, showed me multiple rep pages that were actually legit people who did pay money for them, then when I accepted and confirmed the email he deleted and blocked me.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2015
  2. Pyro Shark

Pyro Shark New User

Steam:
    Atleast overall i'm not too upset over it, i was quitting csgo anyway, still sad people stoop this low.
  3. Pyro Shark

Pyro Shark New User

Steam:
    Screenshot (1).png

Attached Files:

4. Royale with Cheese

Royale with Cheese New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25398924
  5. advicebanana

advicebanana SteamRep Moderator Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11522747
    Please add a screenshot of the
    A more likely explanation imo is that the OP fell for an impersonator.
  6. Royale with Cheese

Steam:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not sure why It's not allowed to post completed ID64 links. I would actually want people to Google search the ID and more likely find this post.
  7. Nek0e

Nek0e New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44793418
    Hi, I am the owner of the account, and you have been scammed by an impersonator. I have changed my name, change my cash rep thread's information to warn people, but you should have checked the creator of the rep thread, which was me and not the guy you were talking to. I would like to talk to an admin or go through a procedure, since this is a false report, as I am not the scammer. As you can see, he tried changing his name, but. I am now called : I HAVE AN IMPERSONATOR. his account, although, has not changed his name, and you can verify again the creator of the rep thread.

His account : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198171749527
  8. Nek0e

Nek0e New User

Steam:
  9. Royale with Cheese

Steam:
    Well, looks like the impersonator is from Latvia.
  10. Nek0e

Nek0e New User

Steam:
    Yeah, most probably... It really sucks that this bums all my trading and makes my steamrep look suspicious for something I did not do :/
  11. Royale with Cheese

Steam:
    Haha, yeah. What scares me is that he nailed almost every detail of your profile. Some people deserve to burn.
  12. Nek0e

Nek0e New User

Steam:
    Yep, i added the victim to talk about the scam, i'll pay him something like 10 keys and i'll buy some levels, hopefully the impersonator will go away
  13. Nek0e

Nek0e New User

Steam:
    Afterall, the impersonator changed to a private profile and called himself JWonderlips. He'll probably come back so i'll change my name to Nek0e but let's hope for the best that people will read the rep thread warning... Btw, add me up De_ Eagle, I need to talk to you.
  14. Aeia

Aeia New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31794988
    Just to tag this thread, if you need a translator from Latvian > English and back the other way, I can help! :) (gf is from Latvia)
  15. Nek0e

Nek0e New User

Steam:
    Thanks ! But i don't think it will be needed since only the scammer talk latvian and in the screenshot he had a fluid english. Anyway, I don't think the victim will come back online so I would need an admin to close this thread :/
  16. Nek0e

Nek0e New User

Steam:
    I can provide evidences that he dealt with the wrong person.

1. I always have a pre-made message that I ask everyone to send over. I will show you some of these that have already been sent in the paypal messages.
    2. The impersonator had 8 friends, and traded with Pyro Shark while I was asleep, as you can verify in my rep thread, people have posted while I was offline.
    3. I have never been friends with De_Eagle and I can prove it by sending a message to the steam support if I have to.
    4. I have always had a clean steamrep, and the impersonator, http://steamrep.com/search?q=http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198171749527 , had already been reported for impersonating people.

EVIDENCES: [​IMG] , [​IMG] [​IMG]
  17. Nek0e

Nek0e New User

Steam:
    EDIT: links not working. Here are the evidences:

EVIDENCE 1.png EVIDENCE 2.png EVIDENCE 3.png
  18. Pyro Shark

Pyro Shark New User

Steam:
    After discussion with the real owner of the account, I realised that I had actually been scammed by the impersonator. Because of that, this thread is obsolete as it is not this account who was really accused.
  19. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @Pyro Shark

As revealed in the trade history, and I was able to confirm from name history, the scammer in this incident was an impersonator. I have updated your report accordingly to clear the impersonation victim's name, and banned the imposter. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report"

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.