1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198053947096 (Nick)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by JPSimms, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPSimms

JPSimms New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40831709
    Subject: 76561198053947096 (Nick)

Victim:
    steamID: Monkey D Luffy
    steamID32: STEAM_0:0:46840684
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198053947096
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198053947096

Scammer:
    steamID: Nick
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:23162552
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/id/76561198006590833
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198006590833

I have not personally encountered Nick, but my friend, A Homeless Man, met him in a trade server. Unknowing of the Nick's past, my friend followed him into another server where he proceeded to sell an scammed unusual, a Familiar Fez with Blizzardy Storm(at this time, my friend did not know that it was scammed). After this, Nick revealed to my friend that he was a scammer and that he would be willing to help him scam. My friend did not take him up on his offer. A few days later (today), my friend informed me of the happenings of the last few days and we decided to take Nick down. After some searching and secretly talking to Nick, we discovered that he has scammed at least 2 unusuals and 2 games. We tracked the history of one of the stolen unusuals, The Hetman's Headpiece with Bubbles, to the player Monkey D Luffy. We talked to Monkey and he told us that he was in fact scammed and his please were not heard. All of this information was screen capped between the 2 of us. Both of the unusuals have since been sold and some of the buds have been given to Nicks friend, another scammer (identity unknown). Thank you for looking over this report and i hope that this scammer will be brought to justice.

Attached Files:

Monkey D Luffy likes this.
  2. JPSimms

JPSimms New User

Steam:
    Screen shots (continued)

Attached Files:

Monkey D Luffy likes this.
  3. Monkey D Luffy

Monkey D Luffy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46840684
    Thats me, yeah I in fact did get scammed by nick... if you have questions send me a message, also do I get anything back like a bud/unusual or something?
  4. JPSimms

JPSimms New User

Steam:
    I'm not sure if the steam rep Admins have that power but if you email Steam Support, they might give you it back.
  5. Monkey D Luffy

Monkey D Luffy New User

Steam:
    I just got an account on this how do I email steam support? (whats there address)
  6. CanadianInvasion

CanadianInvasion Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11860924
    Monkey, in no way is SteamRep associated with Valve. There is nothing the admins can do to get your items back. If you submit a ticket Steam Support (on the Steam website), they might return the items. However I cannot assure you of any action taken by Valve.

Thanks for the info. A SR Admin will investigate as soon as possible.
  7. Nick 2

Nick 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23162552
    Let me get this straight. I never offered to help your friend scammed... HE ASKED ME. Then when I said I don't scam anymore and I won't help him, he wouldn't stop begging me to help. So to get him to leave me the hell alone I gave him some advice.
  8. JPSimms

JPSimms New User

Steam:
    AND admitted to scamming AND put stolen goods on TF2OP AND explained your scamming method AND we have a witness to your scamming deeds. Also, I hear you like lollipops.
  9. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    I am not a fan of these screenshots of chat being manipulated the way they are. Do you have the original screenshots? If they have sensitive information, such as your Steam name or something, feel free to send me a PM here with them.

Also, Monkey D Luffy, please provide a screenshot of your inventory history showing where you were scammed.

While I sincerely appreciate that you've "stopped scamming", Nick, that doesn't mean you should be given carte blanche to continue on your merry way. Actions have consequences. While it is good that you are supposedly reformed, justice still needs to be served. Someone who just murders one person can still be sent to jail for that murder even if they haven't committed any other murders since.
  10. Nick 2

Nick 2 New User

Steam:
    "Both of the unusuals have since been sold and some of the buds have been given to Nicks friend, another scammer (identity unknown). Thank you for looking over this report and i hope that this scammer will be brought to justice."

The friend I gave the buds to had no idea I scammed them...
  11. Nick 2

Nick 2 New User

Steam:
    Obviously. Go ahead and mark me as a scammer, I deserve it because I, well, scammed...
  12. Nick 2

Nick 2 New User

Steam:
    I do think it's worth noting, though I have no evidence, that Homeless is the one who asked me to help him scam.
  13. JPSimms

JPSimms New User

Steam:
    I assure you they were not edited. They were captured with snipping tool and he just so happened to cut around the text.
  14. JPSimms

JPSimms New User

Steam:
    I refer to the picture 'scam 5':
    A Homeless Man: so y did you give the biills and the buds away?
    Nick: one guy helped me scam
    Nick: So thats why he got the bills
  15. Nick 2

Nick 2 New User

Steam:
    He said Buds, not Bill's....
  16. JPSimms

JPSimms New User

Steam:
    Well, never the less, you gave fenced profits to a friend who you admited is a scammer.

Also, the screen caps named 'scam' are by Homeless and the ones called 'scammer' are by me.
  17. Bukethead

Bukethead New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:4092589
    I've gotta chime in here, as I'm being accused of a scammer. Check my steamrep, check my backpack, check whatever it is you need to check, I've never scammed anyone ever.

On every mentioned occasion I've suggested strongly to Nick, not to scam anyone, and I fought tooth and nail against him to stop pestering me to be a false middleman.

As for the buds, I'm not quite sure what giving them back would accomplish. I know that Nick traded them for a scammed unusual, but what am I supposed to do? I know for a fact that Nick got more than just those buds in the trade, so I can't exactly be the good guy here, round up all the stolen goods, find the person who he traded them to, HOPE he didn't trade that unusual, trade him back, and return everything the way it was.

Just as well, I have to honestly wonder why you, JPSimms care so much about scammers when you have three of them on your friends list.

I suppose you turned them in?
  18. JPSimms

JPSimms New User

Steam:
    First of all, thank you for the additional evidence against Nick, it is appreciated.
    Secondly, giving the buds back might possibly make up for the fact that THEY WERE STOLEN.
    Third, the three friends of mine that are marked as 'scammers' are nice guys who made bad mistakes. But what they did is still wrong and their mark is their punishment. I did not turn them in, as this is my first post on SteamRep.
  19. Monkey D Luffy

Monkey D Luffy New User

Steam:
    I'm not sure exactly how I am supposed to screenshot since my computer doesnt enable it and I dont have a tool but you can see for yourself the big backpack value drop on backpack.tf direct link: http://backpack.tf/id/76561198053947096 I went from 161.63 ref to 101.47 ref is that enough?
  20. Bukethead

Bukethead New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:4092589
    Additional evidence? That's rather hilarious considering Nick already admitted to it in an earlier post and I think anyone with half a brain would expect a scammer to beg people to help him out.

As for the buds I didn't know they were stolen when Nick traded them to me; as I said there is a long list of traders involved and I honestly wouldn't know who to give them to.

Clearly if I was a scammer I wouldn't be posting here, would I?

Not to mention my tf2tp, tf2op, etc record is sterling.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.