1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198054177634 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Akrylon, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akrylon

Akrylon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:47177557
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198054177634 ()

Victim profile: 76561198054620842

What happened? Description:
    We agreed via Steam chat for him to first send $19 after fees, and upon receiving, I would trade him through Steam and give him 10 Team Fortress 2 Mann Co. Supply Crate Keys. However, I only received $18.15 after fees, so we negotiated and agreed for me to only give him 9 keys and 4 refined metal.

The evidence shows that I indeed traded him, and gave him the aforementioned 9 keys and 4 refined. Also, it shows that the only payment received in the time-frame of this claim, and of the amount $19 was within 1 minute of me stating (upon viewing the transaction within PayPal), "You did not pay the fees".

Therefore, the PayPal account must be associated with this Steam user, and he willingly bought my Team Fortress 2 items which were clearly given to him. Proof of shipment is seen through the inventory history in Steam's interface, and through our mutual satisfaction after the shipment of my items.

Also, his PayPal name of "Rusty Titsworth" and e-mail of [email protected] seem very suspicious, and common for a person wishing to continue in fradulent activities with other PayPal users.​

Provide Evidence:
    These provide evidence proving that we agreed to terms to trade the tf2 items for his paypal, and links the payment to the steam trade, given that the payment and confirmation via steam chat happened within 1 minute, and his was the only payment that day, and the only payment amounting to $19.​

Attached Files:

2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Give me a picture of the dispute screen showing he is doing a chargeback please. I see the money is on hold but it dosent show chargeback.
  3. Akrylon

Akrylon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:47177557
    Sure thing. Is this satisfactory?

Attached Files:

4. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Thank you for your cooperation.
    Ready for review.
  5. InfraDead

InfraDead New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46955953
    I was using a VPN as people on Skype DDoS me sometimes for fun. So, PayPal must have reversed the chargeback, I was on holiday for a while, just come back now and checked this... I'll try ringing up and asking what happened, but this is an invalid report as PayPal reversed it not me, they've also limited me for some reason.
  6. InfraDead

InfraDead New User

Steam:
    Anyway this report can get removed?
  7. InfraDead

InfraDead New User

Steam:
  8. ZakMcRofl

ZakMcRofl New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:460230
    Tried to purchase $500 worth of keys today. Claims this report is bullshit and he "was busy" for the past year. Seems like a clear case to me, maybe somebody could react?
  9. InfraDead

InfraDead New User

Steam:
    Awaiting a response.
  10. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello,

Crucial evidence is cropped, can't proceed with the report. I will be archiving for lack of evidence.

Archived.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.