1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198055700248 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Funnyman Adam Sandler, Jul 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Funnyman Adam Sandler

Funnyman Adam Sandler New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67380431
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198055700248

Victim profile: 76561198095026591

What happened? Description:
    First of all, I'm not entirely sure if this even warrants a report, asking about it on Reddit was responded with "maybe". At the least, this is a particularly aggressive shot at e-begging by an already marked scammer, just compounding evidence against him. I didn't lose anything but my time. This could count as misrepresenting virtual items, but kind of a reach.

Second of all, I did do a normal trade with this fella, so I may get temporarily marked for trading with him. I lost the unusual on sweetstakes because I'm an idiot, so I'm taking a break from trading, temp mark or not.

And now, what actually happened.

The first trade went relatively uneventfully. I had a duped gifted unusual (Circling Bloke's Bucket Hat), this guy added me and offered me an aussie fan for it, and i paid 2 keys and 15 ref on top of the hat. I didn't check SR for him, as I really wanted rid of the unusual. "trade.jpg" is the trade history for that one. ( http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/26533069#latest is the outpost trade i had for it.)

I check the history to see if it's clean, and I slap myself because I didn't notice that he was a scammer.

~4 hours pass, this guy adds me again, and isn't happy. He claims I scammed him, (he ostensibly didn't read the notes that it was duped) and demands that the unusual I got for the aussie is given to him for a steeply discounted price. (chatlog3.jpg) The entire second conversation is screenshotted. He googled my brother's name on my Steam profile, and says things that seem straight out of the navy seal copypasta, unadds me, then sets his profile to private, changes up his name and vanity url a few times, and nothing has happened since. The hat went back to one of the scammers in the history and was duped again and sold on the community market, which is interesting but it is an understatement to say that I am completely unequipped to investigate this ( http://backpack.tf/item/232632528 ). Also, it would be redundant to call them an alt since both are already marked.​

Provide Evidence:
    The blacked out text is either names, or in the case of the two consecutive two lines, my address. Screenshots of trade logs are below. The trade window that he wanted me to accept is not screenshotted, however, since I didn't have time. View attachment 294894 View attachment 294895 View attachment 294896 View attachment 294897 View attachment 294898 View attachment 294899 View attachment 294900 View attachment 294901 View attachment 294902
    The original trade: View attachment 294903

Attached Files:

2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    All evidence that you submit to SR needs to be in an uncropped state.
    Full screen with url bar showing at the top of the page.
  3. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    @Funnyman Adam Sandler,

Unfortunately, without the requested information, this report will be archived. Please open a new report with the requested information or evidence if you can provide it later.

Thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.