1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198056063859 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Spork36, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Spork36

Spork36 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:38246976
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198056063859

Victim profile: 76561198036759681

What happened? Description:
    He claimed he could trade me money for my items but did not and scammed my items. Once we had completed the trade he had had removed me from his friends list and changed his name.​

Provide Evidence:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

GovCon likes this.
  2. Spork36

Spork36 New User

Steam:
    He was a middle man the scammed me
    GovCon likes this.
  3. GovCon

GovCon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19059385
    He's at it again right now, screenshot of impersonating profile attached.

Attached Files:

4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Hello @Spork36, In order to process your report, we need all evidence uploaded directly to the forums. We can't have any of the evidence hosted on a 3rd-party site such as imageshack or imgur. Please provide the original, uncropped screenshots of your conversation with the accused.

We also need uncropped, unedited screenshots of your inventory history, taken from within the Steam client with the URL bar visible. If you don't have the URL bar visible within Steam, please enable it. To enable the URL bar, go to View -> Settings -> Interface. Check the box next to Display Steam URL address bar when available. To access your inventory history, hover over your name in the Steam window, and click Inventory. Click More -> View Inventory History. I need the full inventory history from the date before the transaction in question until the day after.

I can't tell from your evidence if the accused is impersonating an existing admin, or if they're just claiming to be one. If they are impersonating someone, please provide a link to the real admin's/trader's profile. When taking screenshots of an impersonation attempt from the scammer's profile, it's also important that the URL bar is visible, for comparison.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. Spork36

Spork36 New User

Steam:
    So this scammer was impersonating a TF2OP admin. Now im not certain if that is a name of an admin on TF2OP. But I am certain thats what he claimed to be.
    And finally here is a picture of the items in my inventory and then in his http://backpack.tf/item/446290196. There are the pictures updated and everything.
    That should be everything.

Attached Files:

• wow.JPG
      wow.JPG
      File size:
      112.9 KB
      Views:
    • woow.JPG
      woow.JPG
      File size:
      190.6 KB
      Views:
    GovCon likes this.
  6. Spork36

Spork36 New User

Steam:
    GovCon likes this.
  7. GovCon

GovCon New User

Steam:
  8. GovCon

GovCon New User

Steam:
    He's obviously just been at it again, just checked his profile, he's changed it back to normal but forgot to change his tagline from: "Admin and middleman for TF2OP and Trade.tf"

Attached Files:

9. GovCon

GovCon New User

Steam:
    And another screenshot showing him using the name "TF2OP | Tayco" today.

Attached Files:

10. Swag [Inc]

Swag [Inc] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5001004
    I'm the owner of trade.tf, there's only one admin, it's me. So anybody pretending to be an admin or a middleman (there's no such service on trade.tf anyway) is obviously a scammer.
  11. GovCon

GovCon New User

Steam:
  12. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    If you are not involved with this specific transaction, please don't post in this report. Fill out your own report. http://forums.steamrep.com/forms/scam-report.2/respond

@LittleVictory @cklegacy18 @one_ Please fill out your own report. We need a separate report for each offense, and "he scammed me too" comments are not taken into account when applying a tag. They don't speed up the process either, if anything they slow it down because admins have to filter through them. If you have evidence, it belongs in your own report. Your comments have been deleted.

@Spork36 The evidence provided here is not enough for us to process this report because it is cropped. Having "TF2OP" in one's name is not sufficient proof of impersonation either. Having said that, the current (now documented) profile claiming to be a middleman for TF2OP and Trade.tf, which is clearly wrong, may indicate intent to scam as a fake middleman so I am marking this report for an admin to review. If you have further evidence, including uncropped screenshots of your conversation with the accused, please provide those as it will affect the chances for the accused to get tagged.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Partner Members, SteamRep Partner SCAs).**
  13. GovCon

GovCon New User

Steam:
    Not that you needed more evidence, but he's at it again..

Attached Files: