1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198056567060 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198056567060

Victim profile: 76561198047473756

What happened? Description:
    2 weeks ago, I created a TF2 forum thread stating that I was quitting high tier trading and I would be selling all my expensive stuff for PayPal. Earlier today, I got a PM from the accused saying he was interested in my Unusual Festive Tree. We agreed on the price of $105.45 for the hat, that I would go first, and that he would offer my his backpack (18 hats and miscs) as collateral that would be returned back to his profile after he sent the money. I trusted him because he had a squeaky clean Steam rep.

We traded and he fiddled around with PayPal claiming that his internet was slow while constantly changing his profile name (I suspect this is because one of his past names might have been linked to another scam). After a while, he sent attached screenshot and unfriended me, without sending over the $105.45​

Provide Evidence:
    Apologies for all the pictures of the chat, we talked quite a bit. I've also included a screenshot of the summary of my PayPal activities page, which doesn't contain the added $105.45
    All my pictures are completely unedited with the exception of me blocking out my email address, banking, and credit cards information.

His profile after clicking on his username from my inventory's history: http://tinypic.com/r/xqdt7b/8

And I really dislike dragging an innocent into this, but in case the guy that scammed me tries to avoid steamrep with some evasion tactic, here's someone he's friends with. You can find his comment as "+rep loves weiners"​

Attached Files:

Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  2. Before Steamrep does anything, I'd like to give the guy a final chance to either give me my money or return the Unusual. Can someone contact him and link him here? I really want to give him a second chance.

If he decides not to do the right thing, then by all means trade ban him. Otherwise, keep him clean.

The weiners guy I mentioned in my original post is http://steamcommunity.com/id/Anon300
  3. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    He got a long outpost trade history to.
    For me since he doesn't have SourceOP, if I traded with him, I'd limit it to like $20

His comments are public, so I posted a link to here.
    If it's deleted, that might mean he doesn't care.

Attached Files:

4. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    I feel like an idiot. Wish I could delete my post above.
    I posted on the Victum's profile instead.
  5. haha don't worry about it, I replied. Steam gives notifications to everyone that wrote on someone's profile if the owner writes a comment.
    I did also just give 27 pages worth of random people a notification though :3

I see that you've deleted your comment, you can repost it if you want.
  6. Sadly, even he deserves it, SteamRep cannot tradeban accounts, they can only ban/mark accounts for scamming. Only Valve can tradeban accounts, sorry.

I'm not a staff, just a member who likes to help.
  7. shhh he might not know ;)
    How do I contact Valve about this then? Because I've definitely seem people trade banned before, so there's got to be a way. And if taking 3 buds isn't worthy of a ban, then I'm really not sure what is.
  8. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    Seeing as Valve does not support trading outside of their system, that may end up backfiring.
  9. Tell me anyway. I might have a plan to get past that hurdle :)
  10. u.v.bunny

u.v.bunny New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:783808
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9958-MJDG-3003#scammed

Read the info box at the end of the page. You won't get your hat back, but they may punish the scammer.

They don't support it, but they don't prohibit it either. You do it at your own risk. The only sense in which this could end up 'backfiring' is if the scammer decides to give the hat back but can't because valve have trade banned him!
  11. I know they won't give me my hat back. I never expected to. And it can't backfire because the scammer already sold it. I'm guessing he knew that there was only a matter of time before the hat became "dirty" and he wanted to unload it on some poor sucker that doesn't know about its origins.
    Thanks though :)
  12. {FG} TheMCBros99

{FG} TheMCBros99 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37872447
    Just to add to this, last night on Skial | US, he ran during a spycrab. I don't have pics, just wanted to add to his list of things done.
  13. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Hello @┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐ , in order to proceed with your report please add a:
    -ScreenShot of your paypal history- showing all the activity(go back 1 month, from the date of the scam)-in full screen, displaying the url bar and without cropping anything;
    -ScreenShot of your Agreement- in full , taken from inside your Steam Client, without cropping anything[I need to see the email- don't editanything];
    -Screenshot of your inventory history:

1º-Open the Steam Browser by double clicking the steam icon in the tray in lower right corner of your screen.
    2º-On top left, open menu "Steam" and select "Settings".
    3º-On the new Settings dialog box, select "Interface" and enable the tick in front of "Display Steam URL address bar when available".
    4º-Click "OK" to close the Steam Settings dialog, applying the setting.

Making the screenshot:
    -In the Steam Browser, go to your Inventory, by clicking your Nickname in the top middle and selecting "Inventory"
    -On top right, click the "More" button that is shown above the game labels for the various inventories you have, and select "View Inventory History".
    -Seek the trade that relates to this on the number of pages you have (look below for the requirements).
    -Go to the start menu and type in the seek box "snipping", you will find in Vista and later the "Snipping Tool", click it to start it. It directly wants to make a screenshot. Select the full window excluding the very top of the steam browser window where your LOGIN name is shown. But INCLUDE the Nickname, the steam URL bar fully, both sides and full bottom of the steam browser.
    -Click the "Diskette" icon, or click "File" and then "Save As...", and save it to your desktop.
    -Come back here and make a reply.
    -Drag the image into the reply on the forum from the desktop.
    Requirements of the screenshot(s):
    -Exclude the Login name and steam wallet amount that is on the very top right.
    -MUST show the Steam URL in top left.
    -MUST show the NICKNAME in top middle.
    -MUST show the Steam window fully from left side to the right side of the window.
    -MUST show the related trade from the day before to up to at least 2 days after the trade or current date if that is earlier.
    -MUST show to the bottom of the steam browser window.
    -You are NOT to edit the screenshot, and NOT to blank out anything.
    Example: http://files.steamrep.com/1/2014-10/2014-10-12_20-16-58.png

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  14. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
  15. Sorry, I can't give you a photograph of the original chat with everything you wanted. Steam removes them after a certain amount of time. Should I just provide you with links to everything else?
  16. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
    You may add the rest but make sure you follow our requirements.
  17. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐,
    Since no further information has been provided for over 7 days, I'm going to Archive this report. Feel free to re-submit your report with the requested evidence. Be sure to re-upload all evidence previously provided, and provide a link to this thread.