1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198056708308 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by NUTLOPE, Dec 19, 2014.

1. NUTLOPE

NUTLOPE New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:90504330
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198056708308

Victim profile: 76561198141274389

What happened? Description:
    He had a post on Tf2outpost saying that he was buying unusuals for cash. I added him and he said he was interested in my Time Warp Tipped Lid, my most expensive unusual. He then agreed to pay 900$ via paypal, and told me to go first. After some arguments, i trusted him and traded him the unusual. He then logged out and blocked me.​

Provide Evidence:
    I uploaded screenshots of our whole conversation. I really hope he gets banned, so we can get rid of these bad scammers and actually be able to trade normally. Thanks.​

Attached Files:

2. NUTLOPE

NUTLOPE New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:90504330
    It turns out it was a HUGE misunderstanding because he was travelling and his little brother was on his account, and his brother was the one who scammed me for my unsual. He re-added me, appologizes, and returned my unusual. Please Delete this report!
  3. ๖ۣۜJustin ღ Beaver

๖ۣۜJustin ღ Beaver New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:48221290
    On Tuesday, 16th of December, i had traveled to Sydney, Australia, too see my father, whom is very sick.
    Just when i came home today (21st), i had discovered a unusual (Time Warp, Tipped Lid), and as soon as i saw it, i saw my brother smiling and non-stop talking about this particular item. So i then went on to Tf2 Outpost, to come across a ban on that service, in the reasoning of this ban, it said i had a pending report on SteamRep. So i headed over to SR, to find a report filed about my account, addressing an issue of a scam that had happened involving this item that i had found in my backpack earlier on.
    As i was not home for the past couple of days, it really got me wondering, who, and how? So i did some research around on my pc, for me a dead give away was a different facebook account had been logged in on my pc. That account was my brothers. Meaning somehow he gained access to my pc, whilst i was away.
    As soon as i discovered this, i found out that this hat had been originally owned by NUTLOPE. As soon as i could, i contacted, NUTLOPE, to return his item.
    Please delete this report as it has been resolved. chat 1.png chat 2.png
  4. Dexter Dogger

Dexter Dogger New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:66422018
    I am disagree with that "delete this report" , I think that You were just scared that You will get scammer tag that's why you gave it back telling that your brother scammed it .
  5. DoktorDiscord

DoktorDiscord New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50757146
    • This user is not a Staff member.
    Whatever the reason, the item was returned and both parties appear to be happy with the resolution reached.

This would not classify as a "false report" since there was an attempt at taking the item. However, resolving the issue here demonstrates efforts were made to reverse the wrongdoings and return the item in question to its rightful owner.

Upon admin review, this should lead to archival due to the mutual resolution, but the accused may receive a Caution tag for the account's initial attempt at the scam. Remember that your account is your responsibility, and you need to keep it safe from anyone who may abuse it.
  6. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Hello @NUTLOPE , in order to proceed with your report please add a:
    -ScreenShot of your paypal history- showing all the activity(go back 1 month, from the date of the scam)-in full screen, displaying the url bar and without cropping anything;
    -Screenshot of your inventory history- proving that you gave him the item and that he repaid you:

1º-Open the Steam Browser by double clicking the steam icon in the tray in lower right corner of your screen.
    2º-On top left, open menu "Steam" and select "Settings".
    3º-On the new Settings dialog box, select "Interface" and enable the tick in front of "Display Steam URL address bar when available".
    4º-Click "OK" to close the Steam Settings dialog, applying the setting.

Making the screenshot:
    -In the Steam Browser, go to your Inventory, by clicking your Nickname in the top middle and selecting "Inventory"
    -On top right, click the "More" button that is shown above the game labels for the various inventories you have, and select "View Inventory History".
    -Seek the trade that relates to this on the number of pages you have (look below for the requirements).
    -Go to the start menu and type in the seek box "snipping", you will find in Vista and later the "Snipping Tool", click it to start it. It directly wants to make a screenshot. Select the full window excluding the very top of the steam browser window where your LOGIN name is shown. But INCLUDE the Nickname, the steam URL bar fully, both sides and full bottom of the steam browser.
    -Click the "Diskette" icon, or click "File" and then "Save As...", and save it to your desktop.
    -Come back here and make a reply.
    -Drag the image into the reply on the forum from the desktop.
    Requirements of the screenshot(s):
    -Exclude the Login name and steam wallet amount that is on the very top right.
    -MUST show the Steam URL in top left.
    -MUST show the NICKNAME in top middle.
    -MUST show the Steam window fully from left side to the right side of the window.
    -MUST show the related trade from the day before to up to at least 2 days after the trade or current date if that is earlier.
    -MUST show to the bottom of the steam browser window.
    -You are NOT to edit the screenshot, and NOT to blank out anything.
    Example: http://files.steamrep.com/1/2014-10/2014-10-12_20-16-58.png

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  7. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
    @NUTLOPE , I would advice you to add the evidence since the accused may have not been hacked. Also if the accused repay you please provide proof of such.
  8. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
    Since no further information has been provided for over 7 days, I'm going to Archive this report. Feel free to re-submit your report with the requested evidence. Be sure to re-upload all evidence previously provided, and provide a link to this thread.