1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198057684198 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by The Messiah, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Messiah

The Messiah New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41228515
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198057684198

Victim profile: 76561198042722759

What happened? Description:
    He offered to sell me AK Redlines at 13 for 27 keys, then even said he would give me 14 for those same keys. He then asked for me to give my keys to a friend to hold them, so he would have some "assurance" that I wasn't going to flake out on him (he was going to buy the Redlines from OPSkins). This is a pretty well known scam, where he'll then impersonate me to my friend and try to get the items that way.
    Additionally, his profile rep is mostly from the same day and mostly copy pasted (some of the reports have the same things said by different people on their profile), so that's obviously fake. His inventory is private, so he can avoid being phished supposedly (which is ironic, he was going to phish my friend with the scam), but it's likely so people can't see that he doesn't have the items he's supposedly selling. Lastly, he has a screenshot (lol) of his money on OPSkins which is most likely Photoshopped or changed from within his browser.​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshots of the chat log​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @The Messiah appears to be missing evidence? I don't see the full attempt to scam here while I agree it is a common scam attempt I need to see the clear intent.
  3. The Messiah

The Messiah New User

Steam:
    I have more screenshots if the chatlog, but they don't show any stronger intent than that.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    post what you have and we will see if its enough.
  5. The Messiah

The Messiah New User

Steam:
    That should be the chat log in order.

Attached Files:

6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @The Messiah The chat is good to have for sure there just isn't enough to verify that a scam would in fact happen or did happen. As in you suggesting a "friend" and this person bringing another person on showing impersonation of that "friend" which would then be enough to warrant additional look at the report. Right now there just isn't that. Will archive this report as it does lack that information. Feel free to submit a new report if you come across this user again and you gather more.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.