1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198059228293 - (ℳaralder / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by -|NFK|- Suicide Clyde, Apr 7, 2014.

1. -|NFK|- Suicide Clyde

-|NFK|- Suicide Clyde New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:14385752
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198059228293 (ℳaralder)

Victim profile: 76561197989037232

What happened? Description:
    I use Bazaar trade bots to sell keys and tour tickets. You can choose two different types of sales an all for all (1 or any number of items for set price) or an each for all (any number of items sold for set price each) I mistakenly selected the all for all trade and loaded the bot. Before I could correct it. Maralder bought out the trade paying 3,33 for to tour of duty tickets. I tried contacting him through steam, and on Bazaars website but he reuses to answer or be honest and trade back the nine tickets he has essentially stollen. there is no way any reasonable experienced trader (as he is having multiplie trades open among the major sites) would not know that 10 ToD's for 3.33 is a mistake. 33.33 refined in items for 3.33? Its to obvious to not be a mistake.​

Provide Evidence:
    Theese screen shots show the messed up trade with the all for all icon dispalyed between the tickets and refined, Proof Maralder bought the trade, Maralder now trying to sell the some of the tickets he stole, Prrof of ownership from me to him (the trade bots dont show in BP.tf history as they never go there), lastly a screen shot of the tickets currently in his inventory View attachment 67014 View attachment 67013 View attachment 67012 View attachment 67008 View attachment 67006

Attached Files:

2. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    In the end it is down to Steamrep staff to decide but I don't consider this as a scam, more so it is bad behaviour. While it is not nice to do what he did at all(and any decent trader would offer a refund), the trade you put up was what you got, regardless of it being a mistake or not.

Alias, this one is on you, all though him abusing your mistake is terribly rude. Just my 2cents.
  3. -|NFK|- Suicide Clyde

Steam:
    Hi Inu, glad to see the Bazaar Admins around here. I agree with you on some of what you said but have to part ways with you on rude vs. dishonest. For example about 3 weeks ago I was searching buy now trades to make my buy now key trades competitively priced and saw a trade that had more than 10 keys in it for 7.33. It was obvious to me the trader had made a mistake and that what he meant to make was an each for all not an all for all trade. Two things were in the traders favor, 1 the steam api was playing hell on the bots and getting them to work was intermittent at best (Steam API turding out) and 2nd that I was able to contact him through steam about it and he was able to close the trade. As I read what your saying, I could have bout the keys for 7.33 not returned any of them because of the mistake and would have been considered no more than rude? Im not certain I would want to set that precedence.

Honestly the loss of 30 refined (cost of the remaining tickets) doesn't break me, rather its the principle involved that an experienced trader would snatch a trade that they know is a mistake and then continue to be dishonest about it. I have to wonder and think that most people on here that get marked for scamming started out in similar ways, small time dishonesty and scams that have little chance of getting caught. Then I think about what happens to the next guy? If I say nothing then i feel I have taken part in the next guy who gets the screws put to him by this individual.

Dont get me wrong, I don't believe the guy should be banned forever; however, I would like to see him get set in the corner for awhile as a reminder to be more honest in his trades.
  4. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    Might warrant a caution tag, we'll see.
  5. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    This is my take on this.
    Verb 1.
    [​IMG]
    scam - deprive of by deceit; "He swindled me out of my inheritance"; "She defrauded the customers who trusted her"; "the cashier gypped me when he gave me too little change"
    bunco, con, defraud, diddle, gip, goldbrick, gyp, hornswoggle, mulct, nobble, rook, swindle, short-change, victimize
    short, short-change - cheat someone by not returning him enough money
    cheat, rip off, chisel - deprive somebody of something by deceit; "The con-man beat me out of $50"; "This salesman ripped us off!"; "we were cheated by their clever-sounding scheme"; "They chiseled me out of my money"
    "To cheat someone by not returning him enough money"
    I personally think they guy knew what he was doing by purchasing the tickets at such a drastically low price.
    He did not return him enough money for the items he purchased.

This falls under a scam but it needs to be presented to admin and let them decide for themselves.
  6. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Marking ready for review.
  7. -|NFK|- Suicide Clyde

Steam:
    Just wanted to clarify one thing I said "Dont get me wrong, I don't believe the guy should be banned forever; however, I would like to see him get set in the corner for awhile as a reminder to be more honest in his trades." This would only apply after being made whole.