1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198059494711/ - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by pwnkight, Nov 21, 2014.

1. pwnkight

pwnkight Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:61635879
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198059494711/

Victim profile: 76561198083537486

What happened? Description:
    So prufit adds me and he offering on my b.m.o.c so i see his offer and it's a Ghastlier Gibus Strangifier so i look for the price on the steam market and it says it's 17.50 dollars. I then trade him to find out it's worth 2.30 dollars and he blocked me after i realized it was worth a key max.​

Provide Evidence:
    Never tell your password to anyone.
    The Prophet Penguin's Uncle: hey
    The Prophet Penguin's Uncle: bmoc
    Perky Obama: hi
    The Prophet Penguin's Uncle: Can I do 14 mixed?
    The Prophet Penguin's Uncle has accepted your request to trade.
    The Prophet Penguin's Uncle: So?
    Perky Obama: not interested
    The Prophet Penguin's Uncle: What if I add 1 more key?
    Perky Obama: maybe
    The Prophet Penguin's Uncle: Yes or no?
    Perky Obama: sure
    Perky Obama: brb be back in a minute
    The Prophet Penguin's Uncle: ok
    Perky Obama: okay back
    The Prophet Penguin's Uncle: ty!
    The Prophet Penguin's Uncle: have a great one!
    Perky Obama: np enjoy it
    The Prophet Penguin's Uncle is now Offline.
    The Prophet Penguin's Uncle is currently offline, they will receive your message the next time they log in.
    Perky Obama: hey dude can you trade me back​

Attached Files:

2. -The Prophet

-The Prophet New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49614491
    Okay, so first off. I never offered the ghastlierest strangifier. I put in the trade my offer with the GHASTLIER strangifier and you accepted. if you didnt want it, then thats fine. Secondly, i blocked you AFTER you posted on everyone of my tf2outpost trades and my steam profile saying that i was a scammer. Once again, i never EVER offered my ghastlierest strangifier, so if you could provide evidence that i did, that would be nice. Thank You.
  3. -The Prophet

-The Prophet New User

Steam:
    You misinterpreted my offer, so thats not my fault at all.
  4. pwnkight

Steam:
    no i didn't it was worth 17.5 dollars before i traded you then after it went down to 2.30 dollars how do explain that
  5. pwnkight

Steam:
    also you blocked me when i wanted to re-add you to get a trade back
  6. pwnkight

Steam:
    you motherf✿✿✿er you did a quickswap
  7. Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53127148
    Maybe he did. However, you have no evidence that he offered anything but what the trade history says he traded.

Learn to make proper reports before whining about it on SteamRep. No evidence=No case.
  8. pwnkight

Steam:
    am i exexpted to catalog all my trades then?
  9. Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53127148
    Nope, steam does that for you.
  10. pwnkight

Steam:
    how can you please tell me
  11. -The Prophet

-The Prophet New User

Steam:
    Dude, Firstly, i didnt block you until AFTER you spammed my profile and my tf2 Outpost trades with "hes a scammer". And also, do you know what a quickswitch is? We were in the same trade the whole time. I offered and you accepted. No questions asked. You didnt check the contents clearly enough so thats your fault. Now stop wasting the time of admins, especially when you have absolutely no proof and are accusing me of scamming.
  12. pwnkight

Steam:
    Actually you blacked me when I posted on your profile to add me back and second you kept canceling the trade and after I check the price I was ready to go I was assuming you would have the integrity not f✿✿✿ me over Cleary I was wrong about you.
  13. -The Prophet

-The Prophet New User

Steam:
    Yeah... i have no idea what you're on about. Well i'm off! Cya man! I don't have time for pointless arguments with people. Clearly i did nothing wrong and you didn't read the trade right so you are now using me as a scapegoat. Good luck with future trading :)
  14. pwnkight

Steam:
    Great Great so Great so you Great so you act Great so you act counter Great so you act counter me Great so you act counter me or Great so you act counter me or admins you that your In the wrong so you think I'm scapegoating you wow your a twat
    well we'll let the admins decide since this is rather pointless you sly f✿✿✿✿er
  15. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    [​IMG]

That explains all. Reporter looked at "Ghastlierest Gibus Strangifier" instead of "Ghastlier Gibus Strangifier"

Reporter agreed to the trade, the actual value of items is not a factor in deciding if somebody was scamming.
    - There is no no notion in the trade chat of which items exactly where agreed upon, and therefore cannot judge if the traded items was different versus that.
    - The above posts suggests that the reporter looked up the item(s), but apparently looked at the WRONG item. Cant blame the accused of that.

That is not something that can be blamed on someone else. There is no proof in the form of screenshots or video that:
    - A quickswitch happened (that would have shown in the trade window chat), also, the number of items in the trade is not really enough to believe in such a switch.
    - The trade agreement was not met. In contrary even, directly after the trade the reporter says "np enjoy it"

It is the responsibility of the trader themselves to ascertain they trade for items they actually want and what their value is. After a successful trade, neither party is required to undo a trade, although it is seen as a nice gesture of such.

However, upon researching the accused I found he owned the 21st
    http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198059494711?time=1416556800
    http://files.steamrep.com/1/2014-11/2014-11-22_06-25-58.png
    http://files.steamrep.com/1/2014-11/2014-11-22_06-26-58.png

Both the ghastlier and a ghastlierest gibus strangifier.

Today is no different from that: again owns both variations of those items:
    http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198059494711
    http://files.steamrep.com/1/2014-11/2014-11-22_06-29-16.png
    http://files.steamrep.com/1/2014-11/2014-11-22_06-29-37.png

Which with above report is suspicious at best. For this I've decided to give 'm a Caution tag.