1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198061076257 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Mass., Jul 28, 2014.

1. Mass.

Mass. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25460
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198061076257 ()

Victim profile: 76561197960316649

What happened? Description:
    We made a trade-agreement where he would pay me throughout paypal. He would go first and then i would trade him. He tried to scam me by so called "gifting" me on paypal. But as I felt suspicious about it all, I double checked and realised it was an invoice. Basically he billed me instead of paying me. When I wouldn't give him the item until I saw the money officially he was insulting me and went offline.

Sometimes it pays off to be paranoid but I want to prevent that he scams anyone as it looked kinda "legit" the way he pulled it off. I'm sure plenty of ppl would fall for it.

Screenshot paypal : http://gyazo.com/1f33f0241e239c2ec8a6dc4b19c22bb9
    CSGOlounge: http://csgolounge.com/profile?id=76561198061076257

read the description. he really made it look like it was a gift, but it's actually a bill.

Thanks for your time!​

Provide Evidence:
    Noted in description​

Attached Files:

2. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Hello @Mass. , you need to upload the images directly to SR.
    "1. Evidence should be uploaded directly to SteamRep forum.
    The main reason for which we decided to set such requirement is preventing evidence from disappearing due to image hostings' limitations."
    Link: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/submission-fundamentals.60254/
    I hope this helps ;)
  3. SevenStars

SevenStars New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42919798
    This and you're definitely going to want to upload the initial chat agreement between you and the accused scammer. Good luck with your report!
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  4. Silent Yaro

Silent Yaro New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43515961
    This guy is currently attempting to do a PayPal trade with me as well, as soon as I gather all the information. I will post it on here as well.
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    As others have said, you need to upload screenshots directly to the forum. Additionally, a text description of what happened is not sufficient evidence, and any screenshots must be uploaded directly to this site.

We need the full, unedited screenshots showing All activity in your PayPal history (you will have to click the link that says All activity), taken from a PC/Mac. They should show, at a minimum, the entire web browser. From your payment history page, select All Activity and make sure the dates include the date right before you were scammed, as well as today's date. Take a full, uncropped screenshot of this history. We also need a screenshot of the full details from the invoice you received.

We need a screenshot of the accused's agreement to pay the amount quoted in the invoice. A csgolounge offer is not sufficient evidence of a trade agreement, we need a Steam chat. In addition to the Steam chat, we need a screenshot of the accused's profile, which you can reach from clicking their name in your inventory history, with their profile URL visible. If you don't have the URL bar visible within Steam, please enable it. To enable the URL bar, go to View -> Settings -> Interface. Check the box next to Display Steam URL address bar when available.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  6. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Since no further information has been provided for 7 days, I'm going to go ahead and archive this report. If you are the reporter, feel free to re-submit your report with the requested evidence, and we will look at it. Be sure to re-upload all evidence previously provided, and provide a link to this thread.