1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198062154117 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by [✔]҂g҂Ɫantı, Oct 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [✔]҂g҂Ɫantı

[✔]҂g҂Ɫantı New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:78908373
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198062154117

Victim profile: 76561198118082474

What happened? Description:
    A guy named BBMinx adds me an offers a good amount on my unusual. After this he tell me to give the unusual to my trustworthy friend so he may trade with him but it goes all wrong. BBMinx impersonates me and scams my unusual from my friend.​

Provide Evidence:
    Ok so this is how this all starts out. I have a trade on TF2Outpost: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/23004576#latest where i'm selling my Unusual Hound Dog. Today i get an invitation from a guy named BBMinx. He says to me that he is willing to offer a bud or a little more for my unusual. I then tell him that i accept the offer and ask him to wait since i needed to take my unusual off the steam market. While i'm doing he starts to ask where i'm from and if i have friends. He then tells me if i trust any of my friends and i say yes. I tell him i trust my friend 'Panda, after this he tells me to give my unusual to my friend just to see it in his inventory to be sure i'm not scamming him. I start to get creeped out at this point and i ask him multiple times why i just cant trade with him right now. He insists that i trade my unusual to my friend just to make sure this unusual is fake and that he will offer 3 keys more if i do so. I think about it for a while and accept the offer... (which was a stupid idea in the first place) I give it to my friend 'panda and he swears he wont do anything stupid with it. I then tell BBMinx that its in his inventory and that now we may trade but isnt satisfied yet. He then asks me if he can trade with 'panda instead of me and that he will give him the 20 keys. At this point i tell panda to be very careful and not fall for any of his tricks, told him if he offers anything below 20 keys to not accept. 'Panda tells m that he'll do that and accepts BBMinx invitation. I wait for a few seconds and ask him if the trade is going well and Panda says it is. All of a sudden i get a message from BBMinx saying trade is almost done and he says "hehe." Then he messages me one last time saying "Hehe, its done." I quickly type to panda asking if the trade went well and he says that he just checked my unusual only, i ask him again if something else weird could of happened but he just said he checked. After this i tell him to give me my unusual back but he says he already gave it to me, i tell him he didnt and he starts to freak out and tells me that BBMinx must have impersonated me and scammed my unusual.
    Now i am here filing a report hoping that someone can look at this trade and respond to it.... I feel so stupid that my ambition got the best of my and that i really thought all of this was gonna work out. I only want this guy to pay for what happened...

Pictures:
    Me giving my unusual to my friend 'Panda
    [​IMG]
    My unusual in his inventory:
    [​IMG]
    I couldn't get all the chat back but i got most of it, this is after i got scammed:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Panda telling me what happened:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also, ive been doing more investigation and it looks like hes been impersonating others as well so be careful when trading and please dont ban the wrong person :[​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. [✔]҂g҂Ɫantı

[✔]҂g҂Ɫantı New User

Steam:
  3. Callum.

Callum. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42413279
    I'm not even joking, This happened to me...step by step but i did it with my 2nd account so i managed to catch him out. I suggest you use a 2nd account in future as a middle man to prevent any sketchy behavior. This will get sorted I'm sure of it :)
    Positive thinking man!
  4. KoAh

KoAh New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:53153549
  5. [✔]҂g҂Ɫantı

[✔]҂g҂Ɫantı New User

Steam:
    Yes this is exactly how it went except i fell for it. I literally thought it would work out but it didn't. =/ Anyways thx this helps me as evidence as well since i couldn't take a picture of this part.

Also
    Thx mate, all i really want is to catch this scumbag. Hopefully everything turns out well...
  6. [✔]҂g҂Ɫantı

[✔]҂g҂Ɫantı New User

Steam:
  7. [✔]҂g҂Ɫantı

[✔]҂g҂Ɫantı New User

Steam:
    yet another bump =/
  8. HappyStix

HappyStix New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:63229145
  9. [✔]҂g҂Ɫantı

[✔]҂g҂Ɫantı New User

Steam:
    Yeah but five days too late, who knows how many people he scammed with that account by now... *sigh* I'm glad that its been proven by his end but steamrep has to step it up a notch if they wanna get ahead of the scammers. Yes, maybe they might be busy but to take this long for someone at steamrep to look at this? It's ABSURD!
  10. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Hello @[✔]҂g҂Ɫantı, can you please have your friend provide their side of the story? If they have any screenshots of this conversation, have them upload those. Of particular importance, we need your friend's inventory history. Give them these instructions:

We also need the full SteamRep block for your friend for comparison, or for them to post in this report. Any pictures of the alt account impersonating yours or your friends, with the profile URL will also be helpful.
  11. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @Callum. @KoAh Please fill out your own report. Don't post in someone else's report unless you were involved with that transaction.
  12. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    This thread has been archived since the requested information was not provided. If you obtain the requested information, please create a new report.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.