1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198064136016 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Buggy, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Buggy

Buggy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46495716
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198064136016

Victim profile: 76561198053257161

What happened? Description:
    Hello, i added Caesar and sold 24 buds to him. It was 2 buds per trade, after 6 buds per trade and 16 buds per trade ( 26 usd + 78 usd and 208 usd ) After 5 days i got chargeback from him​

Provide Evidence:
    Paypal history. steam trade history​

Attached Files:

2. Buggy

Buggy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46495716
    He romoved me and i tried to add him in friendlist. Got error

Attached Files:

3. YOU ONLY PIZZA ONCE

YOU ONLY PIZZA ONCE Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51935144
    Hi, I'll be away until 3.4.15.
    Once I return I'll provide all the information regarding this.
    The short story is buggy is apparently a scammer, I chargebacked the money in order to return as much of I can to the victims (In fact this is one of the main reasons I even bought from Buggy, he looked shady and I saw the person who sold him buds was a bit unaware, so I first I tried to have that guy send money instead of me, so he can chargeback if chargedback, but he refused so I decided I'll buy them and hold buggy to his word).
    I'm sorry but I have to rush, I assure all of you I never have bad intentions.

Cheers.
  4. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Scamming a scammer? Really?
  5. YOU ONLY PIZZA ONCE

Steam:
    This will be my last post till I return since I really have to go, I have screenshots of buggy's chargeback (person preferred not to be mentioned at this point), once I'm back I should be able to post them.
    Hi Roudydogg1, absolutely! There isn't an analogy I can create because tf2 scamming is a very singular situation: even after people get marked, the victims lose their money( I can attest from experience having been scammed a few times). Every time I got scammed I wanted more than anything my stuff back, I didn't think the scammer cared one of his alts was marked.
    Therefore, I fully stand behind my idea of having the power to return at least some of what those people lost- Had buggy not chargedback, I wouldn't have, this should emphasize this has nothing to do with profit (and the fact that the money being chargebacked should go to the victims...).

Cheers.
  6. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
  7. YOU ONLY PIZZA ONCE

Steam:
    As you wish, I judged my decision as correct but I respected steam reps policy. I've canceled the claim.
  8. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    @YOU ONLY PIZZA ONCE
    Considering the intentional targeting of a user with the intent to scam him and you're having a long standing rep thread at SOP, you should 100% know better than scamming someone, even if you believe your intent was good. Scamming someone, no-matter who is is, is considered scamming.

From our Expanded FAQ:

As such, I am accepting this report and tagging the accused.