1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198064563246 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Christmaska, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Christmaska

Christmaska New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42649113
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198064563246

Victim profile: 76561198045563954

What happened? Description:
    (me and my friend made a test transaction) Said he would send money over Paypal, agreed to pay first. as I was using the email pay option of Paypal he sent me an email of the transaction details, as you may notice in my evidence his transaction has spelling errors on "Help Center" "Resolution Center" and "Security Center". naming them Hlp Center, Resoltion Center and Security Cente. The email sent was different from the test transaction me and my friend made to make sure he was legit. The email was different as was the font and layout. the terms of service was changed. after I asked politely to add me on skype so I could show him, that his transaction did not go through. As he started yelling at me. and accusing me of scamming.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Christmaska

Christmaska New User

Steam:
    I changed my name, im Rawr (bai meh Farcry 4 ,_,)
  3. Christmaska

Christmaska New User

Steam:
    Forgot to add this to evidence Yelling at me.PNG
  4. thecoincollectr

thecoincollectr Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52148759
    For what its worth, I have no idea how I am supposed to prove that "Miles Richardson" is not my name and that "paypalconfirmation#### " is not my email address. I have no history of trading anything with this user. I have, however, traded unusuals from people on previous occasions happily with regards to both sides, and I feel obligated to post on this report thread because of all the trouble this unconfirmed report on my otherwise clean 2-3 year steamrep has caused to me lately, what with a restriction from tf2 outpost pending this same report and the countless traders that hav practically assumed me to be Satan himself. I just want a resolution to this, please.
  5. thecoincollectr

thecoincollectr Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52148759
    Perhaps I am deserving of question for talking to him the way I did. I would say, however, that before this report was made against me I did apologize for yelling at him/messing with him in the chat (because i did take it too far joking around with the ridiculous price of his unusual), and furthermore to -whatever it is he feels- I wronged him in aside from that, so as to have no hard feelings. I was told to **** off. He did not include that here.
    But abusing the chat and scamming are two entirely different things. As this user clearly did not appreciate being treated quite badly I do not appreciate being accused like this.

Things being the way they are described there, perhaps the user should consider sending that email address to paypay customer support, as I do believe they have a system for reporting spoof emails.

Thanks for reading & if ask away if there are any questions if it helps....