1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198065701800 - (Jew™ / [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Dr C, May 19, 2014.

1. Dr C

Dr C New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:66845193
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198065701800 (Jew™)

Victim profile: 76561198093956114

What happened? Description:
    Was offering 5$ for my Blue Laminate with stickers, we made the trade, he told me that he sen't the money and it might take couple mins, money never arrived, he blocked me.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. TheProcave

TheProcave New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44964239
    Valid proof , i hope a admin looks further into this.
    Thanks for the report.
  3. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    I need a picture of your trade history that is unedited in a full screen Steam client browser. In that picture I need to see at least one trade from the previous day.
    I need a picture of your Paypal history for the past month to show that he has indeed not paid you.
  4. Dr C

Dr C New User

Steam:
    Trade history:
    QRpsAvh.png
    Paypal history:
    Screenshot_3.png
  5. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    Marking ready for review.
  6. Dr C

Dr C New User

Steam:
  7. Dr C

Dr C New User

Steam:
    Been here since may...
  8. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    Hello @Dr C,

It's important that everyone understand that SteamRep is a small volunteer organization helping a 75-million member community. Not every report will receive a response (and definitely not always right away). Not even Valve can handle all of the community's reports and they have incredible income. We're definitely not going to be able to do the same level of investigation on every individual report and you shouldn't expect that. Even if we tripled our staff, there's simply no volunteer group that can handle such volume and the growth in this scene. (Gone are the days of a mere dozen trade servers to monitor and an in-game TF2 trade window.)

We prioritize reports for investigation based on a number of factors-- we will publish those after our staff finishes rounding out some of the priorities and we run them by our partner admins. We'll also be updating the scam report form to set expectations accordingly for new submitters.

One key thing we prioritize for investigation, though, is the quantity of scam reports submitted against an account. By submitting a report against a repeat offender, you help ensure they do get banned as quickly as possible through the community and provide guidance to other traders on your experience with them. SteamRep provides a public capture of these reports so traders can educate themselves and do better research even if each report can't be analyzed right away. We feel it's better to have these situations logged rather than lost entirely (e.g. if you report a violation on Steam, it helps Valve know quantities, but may not help traders understand what actually happened so they can make their own decisions to protect themselves).