1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198067126849 - (Fat Albert / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Mr.Ofdensen, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Mr.Ofdensen

Mr.Ofdensen New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44239961
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Gambling] Gambling fraud or spycrab runner
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198067126849 (Fat Albert)

Victim profile: 76561198084008468

What happened? Description:
    I was on the TF2MP Server #1 (IP: 74.91.113.222:27015) when a person named Fat Albert joined, stating he was holding a raffle for two Earbuds and that the entry fee was only one Refined. He also stated you could buy as many slots as you wanted. Further proof is in the video I provided, as it is the recording of the entire ordeal from when he first started advertising his raffle, up onto the point where he left.

After he left, he changed his name to Jeff the Killer, and later that night, changed it to Faker. All friend requests to this person have been denied, and the raffle, which was supposedly ending in "one hour and thirty minutes" has since ended with no word on winners, and nobody was contacted.

The person I posted as the victim was the one who lost the most, but there was multiple victims as you will see in the video. I attempted to warn everyone of a potential scam, and so did another player, but all warnings were ignored until later when the raffle participants realized they had gotten duped.

To clarify, it has been well over an hour and thirty minutes until the end of this supposed raffle, and the host of the raffle still has all payment, and the prize in his inventory. None of the contestants have been contacted and their friend requests had been denied.​

Provide Evidence:

Video proof. Throughout the whole video, you can see the people who bought in, him advertising his raffle, me checking his profile periodically, and of course, me playing Soldier badly. The video is fairly lengthy in duration (44 minutes) but it is proof that this guy was running a scam. His voice was shaky, he was inconsistent with his information, and he seemed very suspicious overall.
    (The video link was posted while it is uploading/processing, should be available shortly.)

View attachment 66988 Scammer's Profile and Aliases. The scammer had 74 friends when he joined the server (I immediately checked his profile) and 74 friends after leaving, which shows he declined everyone's friend requests and/or removed them.

View attachment 66989 Recently played from Steam, highlighting the scammer and some of the victims.

View attachment 66990
    Screenshot of scammer's inventory showing the raffle items were never paid out, well after the raffle had ended.​

Attached Files:

2. Mr.Ofdensen

Mr.Ofdensen New User

Steam:
    Also, I forgot to include:

The victim's profile listed was the person who ultimately lost the most. There were a few other victims, some of which I could not remember who. Some of these victims have been outlined in a screenshot titled Proof 2.
  3. Mr.Ofdensen

Mr.Ofdensen New User

Steam:
    Sorry for posting again, but if anyone had tried watching the video, it was disabled because I forgot to verify my new email's youtube account.

The video is working now. Thanks.
  4. Mr.Ofdensen

Mr.Ofdensen New User

Steam:
    Just an update, 16 hours after the "raffle" ended and all payment / prizes are still in the host's backpack.

Proof 4.png
  5. Mr.Ofdensen

Mr.Ofdensen New User

Steam:
    Okay, so another update.

Buds are still in the scammer's backpack. Further proves my point that he had no intention to pay out on this "raffle".

Also, just to confirm, I would appreciate if an admin at least would confirm they are investigating this report. Thanks.
  6. Mr.Ofdensen

Mr.Ofdensen New User

Steam:
    Once again, posting a screenshot of the scammer's backpack. Almost 48 hours after the end of this supposed raffle, and the prizes are still in his possession.

proof 5.png
  7. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    Hello, please upload all the critical evidence found in the video as screenshots, including the agreement and the raffle itself.
  8. Mr.Ofdensen

Mr.Ofdensen New User

Steam:
    The video is the evidence. He never typed in chat. All agreements were made over voice chat.

The video is all the proof, I apologize for it being so lengthy.
  9. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    OK, since that's all you got I'll mark for review.
  10. Mr.Ofdensen

Mr.Ofdensen New User

Steam:
    Just a note to whoever is investigating this, check his backpack and you'll find the Earbuds are still there as of this posting, which once again proves that the raffle announced in the video was fake.

Also, please take the time to watch the entire video. That took a very long time to process and upload. I also have a limited bandwidth, and I did this for people who lost things in this incident. I didn't do this because I lost anything. I'm not even friends with the people who got scammed.
  11. Mr.Ofdensen

Mr.Ofdensen New User

Steam:
    One month and seventeen days later, I figured I would ask if anyone has even bothered to consider looking at this report?

The scammer already dumped his stuff off, maybe 15 or so days after I submitted the report. Dunno if it's even worth reporting stuff anymore.
  12. Mr.Ofdensen

Mr.Ofdensen New User

Steam:
    Two whole months and some have already passed. I figured I would check up on my report, but I don't have any hope this guy will get what he deserves.
  13. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Hello,

Unfortunately, we no longer accept reports involving in game bets (such as spycrabbing or heavy boxing), these should be reported to the community where it happened.

Thanks for the report nevertheless.