1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198069230278 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Bear4451, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bear4451

Bear4451 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33518929
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198069230278

Victim profile: 76561198027303587

What happened? Description:
    I found him on reddit and ordered 50keys at 100USD from him. After paying the fee via Paypal, he ignored and went offline with no words. He scammed me that he has the keys on his friend. Here are the evidence of the chat.

http://i.imgur.com/ksYPH77.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/z1SUGVl.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/a2o7zPK.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/g527CKq.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/LSRlxd6.jpg

His reddit: http://www.reddit.com/user/TheNextFaker/

I have looked up for his rep thread and found some reputation about his trade. Could not believe I would still be scammed.

I have reported to steam and -rep on his rep thread. But i think he will not use this account again so that would not help much. Hope no one would be scammed by him again.​

Provide Evidence:
    Here are the chat and paypal page of the trade
    Pls contact me if more evidence is needed​

Attached Files:

2. Cyborg

Cyborg Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:65481715
    You need to retake the paypal screenshots with the URL visible on the page.

You also need to take a screenshot of your trade history, showing up to 1 day prior and 1 day after the agreement.
  3. RuhaI

RuhaI Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60262405
    Thanks for the report, he added me earlier and offered to buy my keys http://imgur.com/onKMy3j

Reported him to the sub's mods.
    Cyborg and SilentReaper(SR) like this.
  4. Bear4451

Bear4451 New User

Steam:
    here is the belated screenshots

Attached Files:

5. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    If you haven't already, initiate a chargeback.
  6. NiP GeT_RiGhT

NiP GeT_RiGhT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54482275
    Hello @Bear4451,

I would like to re-add you on steam to resolve this problem together and I would like you to hear what I have to say please. Thank you very much for your time and I am very sorry for what has happened. I wish only to right my wrongs and lift the guild off my chest if your would give me a second chance. Again, Thank you, I really appreciate it.
  7. Bear4451

Bear4451 New User

Steam:
    I am currently having a neogotiation with him for some kind of repayment. Please hold the case.
  8. Bear4451

Bear4451 New User

Steam:
    After couple of days, he contacted me again and saying that he has some issue about the funds and keys.
    He said he will repay me the amount in terms of keys and hoped to have a chance to correct his wrongdoings.
    I accepted his appologize and the repayment.
    He has repaid me 45 keys as the repayment and I accepted.
    I would like to take down the report and hope an unban for his account that I would promise he would not scam others again.
    Here is some evidence for the conversation.

Attached Files:

• ev.jpg
      ev.jpg
      File size:
      235.7 KB
      Views:
    • deal.jpg
      deal.jpg
      File size:
      122.3 KB
      Views:
  9. NiP GeT_RiGhT

NiP GeT_RiGhT New User

Steam:
    Hello, Steamrep Admin/Mods,

I am here to speak about this report and that I have successfully contacted the victim and repaid him. Initially, a couple days after the scam, I felt really bad and wanted to get back to him asap. Understandably, he was still a little upset due to me scamming him. I decided to give it a little time and after a few weeks I decided to try and get in contact with him again. It took me another few days through email, this report, steam adds, steam comments, reddit, etc., to successfully get in contact with him and once I finally did it, I told him that I was truthfully sorry and only hoped to be forgiven. Thankfully, he accepted my apology and repayment to his preference and I offered the full repayment, but he was unbelievably nice enough to leave me with 5 keys less than the full repayment to help me out if I decided to ever start trading again. I realize that what I have done was truly wrong and I only hope to one day be forgiven by other communities also and given another chance to build my trust, even though I know it will be extremely difficult. I will promise never to do such intolerable and unheard of actions of any kind ever again and only hope to be forgiven. As stated by the victim above there is proof of our conversation and proof of my repayment on his side. If there is any more evidence needed to show repayment or anything at all, please contact me and I will get back to you asap. I am sorry I did not make a statement a week ago when I repaid, but I assumed the victims statement would be enough, but now I thought I might post here just in case. I have also appealed to csgo cash rep, globaloffensivetrade reddit, and csgolounge. Again, I am appreciative of your time and the victim's time that you guys have taken out of your busy days to deal will my issue which should not have occurred in the first place if it had not have been of my bad actions.
  10. Bear4451

Bear4451 New User

Steam:
    I would like to issue a delete of this report as he has already repaid me the amount. If any evidence/ history needed, please inform me to do so and I am glad to do that. Thank you for the consideration.
  11. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    @NiP GeT_RiGhT, Repayment is a start but it does not lesson the fact that you actually committed a scam.
    An admin will review this and give his decision.

Hello @Bear4451, Evidence reviewed and ready for admin to process.
  12. NiP GeT_RiGhT

NiP GeT_RiGhT New User

Steam:
    Hello @SIVARTZ, I completely understand your standpoint and I admit that I have done the crime, but I want you to understand that whatever you or your admins decision may be, I needed to pay back the victim to be anyways to be right with myself. Thank you for your time and for reviewing the report.
    Salmon likes this.
  13. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    NiP GeT_RiGhT,
    As I stated. The first part of an appeal if banned is repayment.
    You have completed this part of the task at hand.
    Admin might be more lenient towards you when they review this report.
    I am not the final say in any part of this. I just gather evidence and present it to my superiors.
    Best of luck to you.
  14. NiP GeT_RiGhT

NiP GeT_RiGhT New User

Steam:
    I completely understand what you are saying and I absolutely agree with you. Whatever happens from here on out, I just want you guys to know that I have changed and will never scam anyone again. Thank you for wishing me luck, as I will wish you and steamrep luck in the future also. @SIVARTZ
  15. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello @Bear4451,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.