1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Need More Info Report: 76561198069518886 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by MVP Again, Apr 10, 2015.

1. MVP Again

MVP Again New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48989141
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198069518886

Victim profile: 76561198058244011

What happened? Description:
    I responded to his TF2Outpost thread where he was selling keys via Paypal. I added him, and he confirmed that he did indeed have keys left (13 to be exact). I went first and sent the funds, and then after sending them, he claimed to have never got them. I waited, tried to 'help' him find them, gave him the transaction ID, forwarded the paypal confirmation email to him.... yet he still refused send me the keys. Ultimately he got an attitude and said he had to sign off for the day. Over the next couple days I messaged him while he was offline to tell him to send me the keys (or atleast send a trade offer when he got online). Finally about a week later he comes online and tells me (after I told him I'd be reporting him, and filing a complaint on Paypal), that he got the $$ and had keys now, but they are untradable for a few more days.

At this point, I'd already bought keys elsewhere and just wanted to get it over with. He then tells me that he's willing to refund the $$, but when he goes to try his Paypal account is in the negative because something to do with his brother, so paypal won't let him do it.

Finally I just told him I'm filing the complaints anyway, so do what ever he can. I then get a notification that submitted a response to paypal saying he gave me a tracking number (WTF?), and then "Download Complete". I don't know what he's trying to pull, but there is 100% no doubt that he is trying to scam now. Also, I should note that although he claims to be from the US, his paypal account is actually from Russia or somewhere around there.

This person should 100% not be allowed to trade on TF2​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. MVP Again

MVP Again New User

Steam:
    This was the tf2 trade in question: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/25559918

In the chat logs you'll see him say that he will refund the $$$, and admit he never sent the keys. Then immediately after he tells paypal that he physically shipped something to me (a blatant lie for TF2 items) and tracking number: "Download Complete" (BS to try to confuse paypal). There is no doubt in my mind that if he can get away with keeping the $$$ and the keys, he will.
  3. MVP Again

MVP Again New User

Steam:
    Continued to try to contact him, and he is no longer responding.
  4. MVP Again

MVP Again New User

Steam:
    It is confirmed. He has scammed me. I even tried to file a paypal dispute, but it didn't go through. So now he has the keys, and my money. He needs to be banned for good!

Attached Files:

5. Admiral Pancakes

Admiral Pancakes Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54626579
    Stop it, he got the keys a long time ago stop trying to get me seem as a scammer. Paypal approved it
  6. Admiral Pancakes

Steam:
    The part after our chat on steam we had a chat on Skype and i gave you the keys back, nice try though
  7. Admiral Pancakes

Steam:
    Stop trying to make me look like a scammer, where are the screens from our conversation on Skype ? where i gave you back the keys and after that you blocked me on Skype and deleted me and i raged out.
  8. Admiral Pancakes

Steam:
  9. MVP Again

MVP Again New User

Steam:
    100% Bullshit. Post your trade history with me. Send me the money back, or trade me the keys. Look in my inventory history, and show me keys you traded me. http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198058244011?time=1428649200

You can see the history of every key you trade, so if you did trade me the keys, it'd be very easy to tell. You are a liar, and a scammer.
  10. MVP Again

MVP Again New User

Steam:
    We never had a f✿✿✿✿✿✿ chat on steam, what the f✿✿✿ are you talking about. Post screenshots of that then, skype keeps a history of all chat logs. So that should be easy to prove as well.

It will be very easy to prove if you actually sent them to me. Please do. You can't, because you didn't and you are trying to scam me. Refund me the money, or send me the keys... it's as simple as that.
  11. MVP Again

MVP Again New User

Steam:
    ^^ Never had a chat on Skype ***
  12. MVP Again

MVP Again New User

Steam:
    Admins. Please look through his backpack, and mine. You'll see that a single item never made it from his backpack to mine. He is a scammer and needs a permanent ban.
  13. MVP Again

MVP Again New User

Steam:
    Can we get an admin in here please. This is an open and shut case, I'd like him to at least be encouraged to make good on the trade. If he's unwilling (which it appears to be), he deserved a perma-ban.
  14. MVP Again

MVP Again New User

Steam:
    Just wanted to confirm that he indeed did try to scam me. After I sent him the money, he refused to send me A) the money back, or B) the keys I bought. Even months after the fact. I filed a case with Paypal, and it looks like I've won (though it still says pending). But I just wanted to follow up to make sure this guy doesn't get the chance to run the same scam on anyone else.
  15. Admiral Pancakes

Steam:
    Sorry took a long time to reply forgot about this case lol. Here is the Skype conversation

Attached Files:

16. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @MVP Again,

We need the Steam Inventory History of the traded items, or of that period where this happened in.

If you didn't trade much within that period, we do need to see at least 1-2 trades of before and after that date.

Required Steam Settings for this exercise:
    - Open the Steam Browser by double clicking the steam icon in the tray in lower right corner of your screen.
    - On top left, open menu "Steam" and select "Settings".
    - On the new Settings dialog box, select "Interface" and enable the tick in front of "Display Steam URL address bar when available".
    - Click "OK" to close the Steam Settings dialog, applying the setting.

How to make the screenshot(s) and add them to the reply here:
    - In the Steam Browser, go to your Inventory, by clicking your Nickname in the top middle and selecting "Inventory"
    - On top right, click the "More" button that is shown above the game labels for the various inventories you have, and select "View Inventory History".
    - Seek the trade that relates to this on the number of pages you have (look below for the requirements).
    - Go to the start menu and type in the seek box "snipping", you will find in Vista and later the "Snipping Tool", click it to start it. It directly wants to make a screenshot. Select the full window excluding the very top of the steam browser window where your LOGIN name is shown. But INCLUDE the Nickname, the steam URL bar fully, both sides and full bottom of the steam browser.
    - Click the "Diskette" icon, or click "File" and then "Save As...", and save it to your desktop.
    - Come back here and make a reply.
    - Drag the image into the reply on the forum from the desktop.

Requirements of the screenshot(s):
    - Exclude the Login name and steam wallet amount that is on the very top right.
    - MUST show the Steam URL in top left.
    - MUST show the NICKNAME in top middle.
    - MUST show the Steam window fully from left side to the right side of the window.
    - MUST show the related trade from the day before to up to at least 2 days after the trade or current date if that is earlier.
    - MUST show to the bottom of the steam browser window.
    - You are NOT to edit the screenshot, and NOT to blank out anything.
    - If you are using a custom skin, we will require you to redo this with the default Steam skin.
    For an example, click this screenshot: http://files.steamrep.com/1/2014-10/2014-10-12_20-16-58.png
  17. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @MVP Again,

We require the full screen of the Paypal history, showing at least a couple transactions before and after.
  18. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Same for you.