1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198070982514 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by emily sears, Aug 26, 2014.

1. emily sears

emily sears New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19887859
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198070982514

Victim profile: 76561198000041447

What happened? Description:
    Before I had to go to class, I decided to send out a few trade offers. I wanted to trade a battle scarred stattrak glock water elemental and a factory new deagle conspiracy for a factory new awp boom. So I searched factory new awp boom on csgo lounge, and sent out a few trade offers. Unfortunately, I sent one to "Krateson"(http://csgolounge.com/profile?id=76561198070982514). Shortly after accepting, he blocked me. He has somehow gotten csgo lounge to display a condition that is better than the condition he owns. He has already put up my battle scarred glock up for trade, but it is listed as factory new, to try to scam more people. Same deal with his m4a4 asiimov. I tried to post comments on them warning people of the scam, but he blocked me and reposted the trades.
    So, I got an awp minimal wear instead of factory new. Loss of about $25.
    The deagle is gone from his inventory (probably traded it to his real/alt account) but he is still trying to scam more people.​

Provide Evidence:
    kratesontrade: This screenshot is the trade offer he accepted.
    scam1: This is a screenshot of his current trades with the glock listed as factory new and the asiimov listed as field tested.
    scam2: This is a screenshot of the glock in his inventory, which is not factory new, but battle scarred.
    scam3: This is a screenshot of the m4a4 asiimov in his inventory, which is not field tested, but battle scarred.​

Attached Files:

2. omgwolf

omgwolf New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:9832590
    Just to explain how he does it, it is a known bug that you can switch the item picture and name. Not going to explain how but it is - sadly - easy to find out... For example: I added 3 Winter Cases into this trade - http://csgolounge.com/trade?t=19585787

In generally everybody should check the condition right before he trades something. You can quickswitch a Field Tested M4A4 Asiimov with a well-worn one and you won't notice if you don't put your cursor on it to read the condition.... poorly made by csgolounge (that you can switch the item ID / change the item to a different one) and valve (that the condition isn't shown in the small icon on certain weapons where the icon is the same)
    M'aiq likes this.
  3. major_abs

major_abs New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:55358393
    things returned.My account was hacked.