1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198073015565 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Crayboff, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Crayboff

Crayboff New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19871981
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198073015565

Victim profile: 76561198000009691

What happened? Description:
    User convinced me to trade my Unusual Respectless Rubber Glove to a trusted friend. He then added an alt account, with his username changed to something similar to mine (instead of Crayscrub his was Crayscrub.) to a private conversation between him and my friend. I briefed my friend on this type of scam a while a back and it was very clear he was going to imitate me and try to steal my hat.​

Provide Evidence:
    Here is a pastebin to the initial conversation I had with Arch] immediately prior to the screenshots below: http://pastebin.com/9hRFbG1B

View attachment 147012 This image shows Arch]'s attempt to bring in an alt account to a private conversation with my friend with a username similar but not identical to mine. Note the avatar is not the same. The image was taken by my friend djcool

View attachment 147013 This image shows the chat logs where Arch] realized his mistake with the avatar and brought in "Crazyscrub." which is obviously not my name. My friend tells me the Crazyscrub account had the correct avatar. After my friend confronted Arch] with the first image I attached, Arch] took the alt out of the conversation right before djcool invited me into it. The final image is of that chat.​

Attached Files:

2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Can you please provide the full SteamRep block for the impersonator, as well as your real friend (clearly indicate which is which) for comparison?
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Moderating).**
  3. Crayboff

Crayboff New User

Steam:
  4. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    You would generally have to have either noted it while the scam happened, or have done ssomething (traded, added nickname, etc). I'm not sure there is any way to recover it by now.
  5. Crayboff

Crayboff New User

Steam:
    That's incredibly frustrating especially those of us new to trading and new to having to deal with scams. It's not my first instinct to learn that I needed that information.
  6. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    I know it's rough, but without the SR block I can't even tell who the impersonator is, much less assess evidence. If you have any kind of link to their profile we can use that to get the SR block.
  7. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Unfortunately, without the requested information, this report will be archived. Please open a new report with the requested information or evidence if you can provide it later.