1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198074309590 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Chiral Apollo x3, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiral Apollo x3

Chiral Apollo x3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:478166
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198074309590

Victim profile: 76561197961222061

What happened? Description:
    I naively trusted the accused from their post on csgolounge.com to buy items. The accused stated that they were buying cs go items for money, those items were knives or high priced gun skins. The money transfers would happen through paypal and some other methods .
    Day 1 1/19/15:
    I added the accused through csgolounge to talk about prices and that the payment should be made through paypal as a gift so there would be no fees. We agreed that I would go first and then after they would send $143 to trade for my item : FN M4A1-S Knight. I felt like I could trust him and then just as we were going to trade a pop up appeared from steam telling me the accused had been reported for scamming before, I should have taken that as a big red sign however by my nature I assumed that perhaps this was a one off accusation from someone who was bitter about so failed trade and not because it was a scam attempt. So I went ahead and traded the item in question to the accused and then soon expected the payment. We both waited around and after many minutes there was no email or paypal notice for me to see. The accused seemed very understanding as they waited around for a payment I can only assume now that they did not make. After a while the accused made a mention of using teamviewer for me to let them take control of my computer to check to see if I was lying or not about not receiving the money. I told him that I would not unless I could first make sure I knew what the software was capable of. I had previously read post on forums declaring teamviewer of being a way of scamming so I was wary. We left off with the idea that I would check the software out and then find some way to only let the accused view my screen only without them being able to have complete control over my computer.
    Day 2 1/20/15:
    After having checked out teamviewer I found a way to only let the accused see my screen and not have total control over my computer. I then let the accused know I was ready to connect with them over teamviewer when they came back online.
    Later in the day they messaged me and we got to talking about how is was weird there was no payment yet received. I suggested canceling the gift they send since I had not accepted it. They said they would and then sent the "money" back again but this time they let me know they did it through the other method of charging for goods in paypal. Yet again I waited for an email or notice that never came. I then let them know that I had teamviewer working and to connect to show them I was not lying. We connected, I had set the teamviewer only to show screen, and the accused told me they did not see anything on the screen, "blank screen" issue. We disconnected and I tried looking up fixes. This went on for a while as the accused waited patiently for me to fix the problem. In the end I gave the accused an ultimatum of just canceling the payments and reversing the trade so we could both act like this never happened or that I could send him a payment request instead. The accused offered the suggestion that we try teamviewer one last time but this time with full control as if that would fix the "blank screen" issue with teamviewer and after his insistence I agreed knowing full well that if for some reason I lost control and did not like what I was seeing I could pull the plug on my computer severing any connection. So I set teamviewer to work only after confirmations and connected with the accused. I saw their mouse and viewed it as instantly there was a pending trade offer on my screen. Alarms rang in my head knowing full well that the accused could offer me a steam trade which they would only have to accept on my side, they had control of my computer, to complete the transaction. I immediately pulled the plug on my computer at that moment fearing the worst had happened and I might have lost more items to this scammer. Luckily, I suppose, I severed the connection just in time as my items are still intact in my inventory sans the FN M4A1S Knight I traded to the accused the day before.

In the end this taught me a great lesson though a costly one. I have screenshots of most our messages through steam except the last chat as I have stated I pulled the plug on my computer. The accused now has unfriended me and I cannot add them back. The items they were trading on their profiles, including my item, are now gone. Check their inventory and you will see they no longer have my item. I feel I am correct in trying to protect others and having the accused labeled as a scammer. I trusted them given that they had no pending reports on steamrep and their steamrep was clean. The accused should not be allowed to continue scamming and other traders should be warned.​

Provide Evidence:
    First image , log_1_edit, of agreement, edited out my details of payment methods of paypal. This corresponds to Day 1, 1/19/15. Second image trade_made_edit is my trade history showing I traded with the accused, however they changed names constantly. Third image payment_not_received is of my paypal where I have not received any payment as far back as from June from the accused for the $143 they owed for the knight skin. Fourth image is identity_confirmed which shows that I clicked the accused name from trade history and led straight to their profile.​

Attached Files:

2. Chiral Apollo x3

Steam:
    I have more of the chat from day 1 to include if necessary and some of day 2. Let me know what I can do to make sure this report goes through successfully.
  3. Chiral Apollo x3

Steam:
    Any mods around because it seems this guy is back to trading. I don't wish for others to fall for this guy.
  4. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    Would you mind re-uploading your inventory trade history screenshot in full and uncropped with the URL bar displayed. It requires a change in your Steam settings under the "Interface" tab. Enable display of the Steam Address bar and re-upload.
  5. Chiral Apollo x3

Steam:
    Thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated. Here is the image with the url bar activated. Let me know anything else that is necessary.

Attached Files:

6. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    Evidence looks sufficient to me. Hopefully a staff member will review your report soon.
  7. Chiral Apollo x3

Steam:
    Looks like this guy is still at it. I don't know if there is any chance you guys can check up on this case and put it through to someone to check it out.
  8. ewinBicepsz<3

ewinBicepsz<3 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:57021931
    If there will be no further assistance,can you archive this report please?
  9. Chiral Apollo x3

Steam:
    heh, I don't think that will happen, but you can dream.
  10. ewinBicepsz<3

ewinBicepsz<3 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:57021931
    If there will be no further assistance,can you archive this report please?
  11. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.