1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198074396766 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by crusten, Apr 24, 2015.

1. crusten

crusten New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:55047852
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198074396766

Victim profile: 76561198070361432

What happened? Description:
    I saw that the suspect was purchasing CS:GO skins via PayPal so I added him and we agreed on 60$ for my Gut Knife Night Field-Tested. I offered to get a middleman and he said that he had bad experiences with middlemen and I believed him. He also said that he had bad experiences with going first in cash trades and he had a lot of (fake) PayPal rep. So I trusted him and traded him my knife. Then, he said,"Where is the knife?" I checked his inventory and it was not there. He said he would restart Steam but blocked me and unfriended me instead. I added the account and apparently the original owner had sold his account to a new guy that knows nothing of the scam. I found my knife on the market listed for $100 and my theory is that he hid it on there so that I could think that he never received the item. A few hours later, the knife reappears in his inventory and I think that he pulled it off the market. He eventually re-friended me and promised to pay over 60 dollars in skins by May 5th 2015 but after a couple of weeks, I just checked and he unfriended me. I added him and apparently he had sold his account to another person. This person claims to not now anything of the scam but I highly doubt that the original user had sold his account.​

Provide Evidence:
    I have included pictures of our chat and of me sending him the item. I also have a picture of my PayPal history and no payment of the promised $60 can be seen. I also have a picture of when my friend was sharing his screen on Skype and when he added the suspect and the suspect's immediate response. I have also included a picture of the knife reappearing in his account when he pulled it off the market.​

Attached Files:

2. crusten

crusten New User

Steam:
    More evidence is on the way
  3. crusten

crusten New User

Steam:
    Here's is my conversation with the new guy.

Attached Files:

4. crusten

crusten New User

Steam:
    Here is new evidence that confirms the scammer, he even says it himself.

Attached Files:

5. crusten

crusten New User

Steam:
  6. TheProcave

TheProcave New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44964239
  7. crusten

crusten New User

Steam:
  8. Cyborg

Cyborg Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:65481715
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**