1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198075396016 - (Borsalino / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Twistedonslaught, May 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twistedonslaught

Twistedonslaught New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26960579
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198075396016 (Borsalino)

Victim profile: 76561198014186887

What happened? Description:
    Alright. So I got a Strange Kritzkrieg for a pretty decent price, a few keys lower than usual. Figured I could resell it for a little more. I put the Strange Kritz up on several trading sites and this guy, Borsalino, wants to pay me 92 dollars for it at first. I talk him to 110. So we then decide Steam Wallet is the best way to do the transaction because the market would have taken a cut. He linked me to a site stating his trading rep was good, so I trusted him.

http://www.steamtrades.com/user/Borsalino/page/1

That's the site that said he was solid. The one negative review was me, warning future traders. With that said, I trusted him. And traded him the Strange Kritz before he gave me the money. I know, I know. Rookie mistake. Stupid. I shouldn't have been so trusting. But I did it. And he state he sent the money, yet I never received it. Then he had the gall to call me out on the matter. When we got to the point where was I bargaining for him to just give it back and I'd let him go without reporting him or anything, well. I probably would have anyway. I just wanted my item back. At any rate. The screenshots detail the entire conversation, and I have others confirming he received the item in question and I never received the funds. Shut this guy down, please. I noticed he scammed someone else already and I have no doubt that he did it.​

Provide Evidence:
    The following the steam chat we had together, agreeing on the transaction, and me arguing that I never received payment. He later said that I did and Steam support told him.
    View attachment 80661 View attachment 80662 View attachment 80663 View attachment 80664
    The following is evidence that I never received the money. Wallet is empty.
    View attachment 80665

The following is evidence that he received the Strange Kritz.
    View attachment 80666
    The following is evidence that I never received gifted money, or anything, from him.
    View attachment 80667
    The following is a screenshot of his steam profile.
    View attachment 80668

The following is more recent evidence that my wallet is empty. View attachment 80669

Any blacked out smudges on the upper right corner of the screenshots with the full Steam window are merely blacking out my account name, which I read was okay. I have originals without the blacking out if they are required.​

Attached Files:

2. Twistedonslaught

Steam:
    Quick update. The profile I linked from steamtrades, he was impersonating that individual. You can check their real profile versus the one I gave you. Again, another thing I should've checked instead of rushing into things.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048864084
    That is a link to the actual individual, and I apologize for leaving negative feedback on their profile. I had no idea they were being impersonated. Please hurry and flag this guy as a scammer so he can't use that account any more and hurt anyone else.
  3. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    Hello,

Thank you for the report, please be aware it is not possible to transfer money from Steam Wallet currently.

I've marked this ready for review.
    Twistedonslaught likes this.
  4. Twistedonslaught

Steam:
    Thanks for the heads-up.
  5. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    Hello @Twistedonslaught,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report"

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.