1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Accepted Report: 76561198076538583 - (Agent / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Wittle Wabbit, May 20, 2014.

1. Wittle Wabbit

Wittle Wabbit New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41926471
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Alternate account of hijacker or scammer
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198076538583 (Agent)

Victim profile: 76561198044118670

What happened? Description:
    This "Agent" guy already came off suspicious the moment he added me.
    > Stupid name.
    > Stupid avatar.
    > Only has ONE item in his inventory. (Which is the mercenary badge)
    > Only 39 Dota 2 items in his inventory. (None of which have any significant value)

I decided to play along to see what he had in store for me. The moment he said "how much for all?", I knew that this guy was 100% a scammer, or at the very least, a scammer's accomplice (which he seems to be).

From what many long term traders will know, usually when someone wants to buy all of your unusuals, it is usually a prime indicator that he's a scammer. Also since he has no items makes the attempted "scam" even more pathetic.

As our conversation continues, I decided to further toy with him, going through the usual how much I want and him telling me how much he is going to pay.

At a certain point in our conversation, he starts asking for proof, as if to seem that he doesn't trust me, which I found ironic. To begin his actual attempt, he asks me whether I have a friend who I am able to entrust the unusuals that I am selling to. His exact words were "do you have a friend that can hold your unusuals until i buy the buds at market?". I'm guessing he was going to assume that I wouldn't entrust my hats to anyone, and would further recommend a "middleman" that he knows which can "hold" my hats.

Of course, after sometime, it did get boring so I decided to drop the ball and just blatantly drop the cutie act and tell him to "Stop trying to f✿✿✿✿✿✿ scam me". Of course, afterwards, I mention his multiple SteamRep reports against him, and he removes me since his secret has been reveal (as if I didn't know all along, eureka!)

If it helps, here are the other multiple SteamRep reports against his dumb ass.
    Report #1: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...borntobewild-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.65269/

Report #2: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198076538583-agent-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.65422/

Report #3: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198076538583-agent-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.65342/

Report #4: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...n-to-be-wild-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.65263/ (From one of the evidence photos, you can see his previous name was BornToBeWild)

Some of the reports listed above were deemed "intentions unclear" essentially. From what I see, it's quite obvious that he's at the very least, attempting to do something harmful or stupid.​

Provide Evidence:
    Evidence 1: Shows his Steam Profile.

Evidence 2: Shows his Steam Profile WITH his previous names.

Evidence 3: Him asking how much for ALL the unusuals I'm selling.

Evidence 4: Him asking for "proof", although he never specified what proof he wanted despite me asking him multiple times.

Evidence 5: We discussing the finance.

Evidence 6: He wants a friend to hold my unusuals for him.

Evidence 7: Him removing me after I confronted his multiple SteamRep reports.

If this report is deemed worthy, I am proud to have removed a scamming scumbag.

Cheers :)

Attached Files:

2. Sjru

Sjru User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello!!!
    Thank you for your report! An SR admin will review yours in a while!
  3. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413