1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Accepted Report: 76561198076538583 - (Agent / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by JenkinL, May 24, 2014.

1. JenkinL

JenkinL New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43651716
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Alternate account of hijacker or scammer
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198076538583 (Agent)

Victim profile: 76561198047569161

What happened? Description:
    Agent added me randomly, asking me how much for my unusuals. Even though I only have 1. He said that he'd get the keys off the market, and he wanted proof that if he bought the keys I wouldn't cancel the "agreement". He asked if I had a friend who could hold my unusual while he bought the keys. I told him my unusual was with a broker, FunWithSmexy, and when Agent added him, Smexy immediately blocked him, which rang alarm bells in my head. I looked at his profile and found out that he only had 0.4 hours on TF2, 1 item on TF2 (the mercenary badge), and had 39 Dota 2 items not worth much. I grew suspicious, but played along with him. Agent said that he needed to talk with Smexy, so I asked him what he wanted to say, but all he said was "just a little bit". I looked him up on SteamRep and saw the 5 reports against him. I noticed that the conversation in each report was extremely similar, where Agent said that he'd buy keys/buds off the market.

I told Agent that he'd had 5 reports, and then he immediately unfriended me. While this isn't technically scamming, the evidence made me suspicious because of the other related reports against the same guy. I believe Agent is an alt account of a scammer, but all I've personally witnessed is some suspicious behavior and I thought it'd be good to file a report and see what the experienced SR admins say.

JenkinL: You know what's funny? I was just on steamrep and the exact same conversation occurred with 5 different people
    Agent is now Offline.

I've uploaded pictures of the chat & his profile, but we didn't trade. I hope this is enough - my first report ^.^​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      111.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      123.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      104.9 KB
      Views:
  2. snow golem

snow golem New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50117139
    this guy really needs to be banned he did the same thing to me and it is using an exploit. i have reported to steam.
  3. Sjru

Sjru User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello, mind linking the fake impersonator and the impersonated user here?

@GambiT make your own report.
  4. JenkinL

JenkinL New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43651716
    @Sjru Nobody was impersonated/impersonating in my case, I just think that what he's doing is extremely suspicious, and may be an alternate account of a scammer.

@UBi | f1y!n9 m@(h!n3 I think that might be an impersonation? :3
  5. Sjru

Sjru User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    @UBi | f1y!n9 m@(h!n3 make your own report.
    That would work!
    An SR admin will review this in a while!
  6. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413