1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198077679064 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by oooze81, Jul 24, 2014.

1. oooze81

oooze81 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64303233
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198077679064 ()

Victim profile: 76561198088872194

What happened? Description:
    Trying to sell a Stained Karambit from CS:GO for real money. Added me on steam, and seemed eager to buy the knife. I wanted to use a middleman, but he said to use one of my friends instead. Luckily I had forgotten my password a couple of days ago, so I was under a trade ban. I assume he was gonna impersonate my friend, as he wanted time after I gave him there profile name. I also spoke to to another guy that I saw had given -rep on his profile, who described the events exactly the same way. He said that when he added the friend, and traded, it was a fake url or something, idk, I don't think his english was very good. Unfortunately no screenshot of this, but the guys name is on his profile.

Afraid that I didn't get full chat screenshots, but I could follow it up with the guy who said he was scammed.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Thanks for the information. But without an actual impersonation attempt there is not much I can do with this.
    I will mark this as Need more Information so it stays in the system and let people know what he is attempting to do.
    Tell the other guy that got scammed to make a report here with all the proof of the scam.
  3. oooze81

oooze81 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64303233
    Yeah, I know. Just thought it needed to get out. I would try and contact the other guy, but SunSet has removed his -rep from his page, and I can't remember his name. Even if I could though, his english seemed to be really bad, and he took ages to reply. It felt like he was running it through google translate. I don't know if you could get evidence out of him.
  4. Vintage Cobra

Vintage Cobra Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:12913087
    Added to account's list of offenses.
    Thank you for your report!