1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198077881927 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Chinaman, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chinaman

Chinaman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:47167482
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198077881927

Victim profile: 76561198054600692

What happened? Description:
    I hadn't been playing TF2 for almost a year so I thought to just sell my backpack (which was worth around 381 USD) to a trusted buyer. I posted a notice on a couple cash for backpacks groups. A few days later, the offender (Radical) approached me and asked me for my backpack. I did a quick background check- he seemed pretty legit, with policies, a lot of + reps, and (false) information about how he had made a crap ton of money trading and buying Steam items. I decided to trust this guy. I was very new to this type of cash for items thing so he helped me set up a bunch of stuff (such as Mobile Authenticator and I also had to create a paypal). I then set up a trade in which I forked over all tradable items in my backpack to him, and we both confirmed this trade. He said he would see me again in 3 days. Now, three days later, the trade had gone through and no payment had come. I decided to contact him with my main account, but he had blocked me by then. I then went on an alt account (chestupeyesupprayedup1) and contacted him. he ended up giving some bullshit story about how my account was "private" and he "didn't deal with private accounts" and then blocked my alternate. I asked a friend (dankMasterMeme in the screenshots) later to confront him (as Radical claimed he had a 24 hour return policy), and he said he never traded with me; he had never even seen me. My friend called him out on his bullshit and pointed out that I was on his blocked. I also tried contacting him through his group but I was kicked out for the reason "Get Pranked Bro" (pictured in screenshots)That is essentially the deal. I understand that I took full responsibility as soon as I made that deal with him but I want people to know that Radical is not to be trusted. Another report I made can be found on the very group page it all started on: it was some group that offered cash for backpacks called $$ Cash/Pure for TF2 Backpacks! $$.​

Provide Evidence:
    The evidence is in a dropbox.
    (Dropbox will ask you to join, there is a "not now" option on the bottom)
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ei87a6zmrf7ows2/AADOekIaYgf9W-8rGXehPB8ua?dl=0

He would have honored his "24 hour return policy" if he was a legit trader.​

Attached Files:

2. Chinaman

Chinaman New User

Steam:
    The screenshots do a much better job of describing the situations as well
  3. Chinaman

Chinaman New User

Steam:
    There is another picture of my friend busting Radical for having me blocked but I didn't receive it. That can be found on Radical's profile page, under Radical's blocked list.
  4. Chinaman

Chinaman New User

Steam:
    By "this" i meant that me being blocked by radical
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Chinaman You need to provide a new trade inventory history screen shot this time open with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows the hyper text popup of the users URL and do not edit the screen shot in anyway, I need to see everything from the URL your using to the windows start bar etc etc.

Also the same goes for paypal history from the date in question till present - again do not edit anything.
  6. Chinaman

Chinaman New User

Steam:
    I think these should suffice?

Attached Files:

7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    All 3 look to be edited - you cut them off at the bottom.
  8. Chinaman

Chinaman New User

Steam:
    My bad on the first one. I'm my mac, not my gaming pc so screenshotting is a bit different. The full screen made the first few seem cut off.

I removed my card info so i could get the whole screen in paypal screenshots.

Attached Files:

9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Moving report to review thanks.
  10. ReSPeKt

ReSPeKt New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67306242
  11. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.