1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198078825079 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Onasce, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onasce

Onasce New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:128719621
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198078825079

Victim profile: 76561198217704971

What happened? Description:
    He and his friend tried to impersonate me, due to the fact that Tokugawa had tried to attempt to scam me a moment before with a fake "Steam Code". He was refusing to give it to me until the 15 days was up, and thank goodness, before that trade I notified my friend that I was about to trade him and she gave me this, another report of him trying to scam someone.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Onasce Is this all you have to provide for evidence?
  3. Rennof44

Rennof44 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:59279675
    First of all, I wanted to buy his Unusual using a $50 Steam Voucher. To be safe I suggested we use a collateral (Sid Meier's Civilization V) valued at $70 on the Steam Store which I had recently got for a friend. I told him that first we would trade the collateral for the Unusual, then I would send him the code and if the code worked (which it certainly would have), he would trade my game back and if it didn't work we would trade the original items back to each other. However, upon realising that the trade would take 15 days to complete I politely explained that this would disadvantage me and was a nuisance to deal with considering it was going to take half a month for the complete. He wasn't happy with my backing out and somehow considered this a "suspicious" move. Moments later he accused me of attempting to scam him, alluding to an age old SteamRep report that had me accused of attempting to "Broker" for someone that also had hardly any evidence- a report I am innocent of.

Somehow, Onasce considered this report to be definitive evidence of me attempting to scam him and definitive evidence that the code was "fake". So I'd like to make some inquiries here, why wouldn't I refuse to give you the code until the 15 days was up Onasce? Perhaps because you could have simply run off with the code there and then, cancel the trade and block me. Becoming $50 richer and leaving me $50 poorer. This really makes you look like a scammer.

The way you put it is, by having a previous report, every trade I do now, regardless of whether it is a fair trade, is a scam attempt.
  4. Rennof44

Rennof44 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:59279675
    Now, to address the actual report at hand. I am being accused of "Impersonation with intent to defraud."

1) I never impersonated anyone, please check my aliases, recent name changes, I have had this name for several weeks now.
    2) I never had any intent to defraud anyone, especially by impersonating someone first. I stated what procedure we would undertake to make the trade and upon seeing the time it would take to trade I backed out.

According to the Google definition of defraud, "illegally obtain money from (someone) by deception." I was attempting to illegally (or against Steam terms of service/rules) get money from Onasce by decepcting him. Which makes no sense as I never attempted to decept him nor did I ever want to illegally generate money from him. From the beginning it was a fair trade.
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @Onasce Please follow up within the next 24hours.
  6. Onasce

Onasce New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:128719621
    I'm sorry I couldn't follow up in the 24 hours, I was busy with my family with my brother going into boarding school. Very annoying week since it was a 14 hour drive there and back.
    Anyways, here is why I think you are a scammer:
    1.) You had a friend trying to impersonate me to get back at me
    2.) Sid Meyer's is a game I hate and don't want to sell. Its difficult to sell. Also, its not worth $70. That's a complete lie. http://store.steampowered.com/app/8930/
    3.) You were refusing to give me the steam code until the trade went through. That's very suspicious.
    4.) That report was sent to me by my friend: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bah420
    5.) Your TF2 Inventory is empty, and you were acting suspicious about trading: You were being pissy with me when I said I needed something even.

Overall, you could have ignored me. But you had a friend try to impersonate me (I'm pretty sure that counts since you told him to). You can check all my friends names, none of them have the previous name of "Tokugawa". Also, check my trades. I don't really accept a lot of trades since a lot of them are crap. Also offering the game annoyed me, since I asked for the steam code if you had it, pure keys, or a Eerie Flames unusual engineer's cap.
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok I'm afraid there just isn't enough evidence here to show the intent along with impersonation which is what SR requires to investigate.
    Archiving report.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.