1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198078887066 - (|TC| .dos / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Toreutic, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Toreutic

Toreutic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46453345
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198078887066 (|TC| .dos)

Victim profile: 76561198053172418

What happened? Description:
    This happened awhile ago. I'm just getting to reporting him now because he promised he'd have the money by now but is unresponsive. He purchased around 200 dollars in unusuals and buds/bills from me sometime in November. Apparently someone who sent him a payment charged back, which led to the money he paid me being charged back. I still not have been repaid so am now filing a report. I only have chat screen shots of one of the transactions, but hopefully it'll suffice.​

Provide Evidence:
    I don't have any text, but the screenshots should be enough proof.​

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      99.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      42.7 KB
      Views:
    • Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      File size:
      70.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.PNG
      4.PNG
      File size:
      28.4 KB
      Views:
    • 5.PNG
      5.PNG
      File size:
      18.7 KB
      Views:
    • 6.PNG
      6.PNG
      File size:
      25.5 KB
      Views:
    • 7.PNG
      7.PNG
      File size:
      26.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Toreutic

Toreutic New User

Steam:
    Just rechecked the last two pictures and forgot to cross his name out in the last line. Derp. Oh well.
  3. Toughsox

Toughsox Retired Staff Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1842155
    Due to a report I received today on Outpost, I reached out to the accused. He admits he was in financial trouble and that the payment was charged back.
    He also claims he will repay the victim
    His timeline for repayment was December of this year to perhaps January of 2015.
    Due to my investigation of the report made on Outpost, I have banned this user permanently due to a Paypal Chargeback. My entire with this user is attached as follows.
    Should anyone from SR wish to contact me about this case, please fell free to do so.

Attached Files:

4. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello, can you give a screenshot of ALL your paypal history?
    Make sure it shows at least one month of history.

Also uncrop those screenshots and give your trading history.
  5. Toreutic

Toreutic New User

Steam:
    What do you mean screenshots of all my paypal history? The actual occurrence was around last year and the report was filed months ago.

I'm also not following about the screenshots. What do you mean by uncrop? The trading history was probably around last year, I'm not sure I could locate it even if I wanted to.
  6. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I think what Sjru meant to ask for was screenshots of your full history view, which is something we routinely ask for when it comes to PayPal screenshots. From your payment history page, select All Activity and make sure the dates the day before you were scammed through today's date, accounting for the time the victim allegedly planned on repaying you. Take full, uncropped screenshot(s) of this history; note this is different from your PayPal overview that comes up when you first log in. We also need uncropped pictures showing details of the payment that you received and details of the open dispute.

We also need screenshots of your inventory history, uncropped, taken from within the Steam client, and with the URL bar visible. What you provided was screenshots of a trade taking place, but we need proof the trade actually happened. To access your inventory history, hover over your name in the Steam window, and click Inventory. Click More -> View Inventory History. I need the full inventory history from the date before the transaction in question until the day after. If you don't have the URL bar visible within Steam, please enable it. To enable the URL bar, go to View -> Settings -> Interface. Check the box next to Display Steam URL address bar when available.
  7. Toreutic

Toreutic New User

Steam:
    I'll try to complete the paypal full history view as soon as possible, though I'm not sure what my other transactions have to do with this scam. The list will be pretty long as I've stated this practically happened a year ago.

For the screenshot of my inventory history, I don't think it's possible to locate. I make tons of trades a day and have over 150 pages of history. There no way I could locate those specific trades in a reasonable amount of time. I could prove that he received the hats however through backpack.tf history however if that would help at all.
  8. Toreutic

Toreutic New User

Steam:
    Also, can toughsox's reports not be used against .dos? In the logs he admitted that he does owe me money and has not paid me back.

I don't want to come off as rude and I understand the importance of regulations, I just feel that the evidence is already very sufficient and that I have waited a long time for this report to get any notice.

I know the moderators are very busy, and I thank you for your help.
  9. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    We need your full paypal history to prove the accused did not ultimately pay you back.

Your inventory history goes back until your very first trade; everything is recorded forever. I agree it can be annoying and time consuming to search through it, but I guarantee you it is in there somewhere.

Toughsox's information will be taken into consideration by the admin; I do not make the decision. As a moderator, my job is to pre-process reports, collecting evidence according our requirements and training, filling in gaps where possible, conducting research, and preparing reports for the admins to review. I have specific evidence requirements I'm trying to meet with all the reports, and when the requirements are I met it I mark the report as ready. In a small handful of cases, I have to make a judgment call over whether to archive or mark as ready, but in this case both pieces of evidence will certainly exist so I still have to ask for them. Also, in the event Toughsox's information is not sufficient, your evidence will help increase the chances the report is accepted, so even with the existing evidence it's best if you add what you have. If it is sufficient, then the accused may try to appeal; any extra evidence you have will make appealing that much harder.

You did not come off as rude; I understand your frustration.
  10. Toreutic

Toreutic New User

Steam:
    Screenshot of actual trade.

Attached Files:

• d.PNG
      d.PNG
      File size:
      20.8 KB
      Views:
  11. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    @Toreutic Uncropped, please, with the URL bar visible. If you don't have the URL bar visible within Steam, please enable it. To enable the URL bar, go to View -> Settings -> Interface. Check the box next to Display Steam URL address bar when available.

Also, still need that PayPal history.
  12. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    It has been some time with no response from the reporter. However, due to the other evidence in this report I'm going to mark it as evidence provided. If you are the reporter, please provide the requested evidence.