1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198080185498 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by The Fox Donut, Jul 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Fox Donut

The Fox Donut New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:2184903
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198080185498

Victim profile: 76561197964635535

What happened? Description:
    Hello!

A couple of minutes ago i received a Trade Offer from the Accused.

In that Trade Offer the Accused offered me some Metal (2.33 Refined to be exact) for some of my weapons and crates (i have several Trades on Outpost and backpack.tf for selling these low value items). The Accused conveniently put/hid my Unusual Otolaryngologist's Mirror in the Trade in the hopes i wouldnt notice. He even wrote "10 Weps, 8 Crates".

This person is not a Trading newbie. On several of his Outpost trades he refered to backpack.tf prices. He must have known the value of the Unusual and thus tried to scam me out of it. I nearly fell for it but canceled in time.

Proof for his Outpost trades refering to backpack.tf:
    http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/25184527
    http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/25137149
    (attached those as pics aswell incase he edits them)

Please note, that i edited my personal stuff out of the screenshots (browser bar, taskbar, etc.)​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. YellaBanana

YellaBanana Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:59959885
    Hey, it's me.

ur brother

Im here to say that this was incorrect, i did not mean to add your hat to the trade. This was an accident. Also my phone can't un strikethrough this, help.
  3. YellaBanana

Steam:
    So unless i'm going to get a shiny red badge from a Misclick and a few JPEGs, i think were done.
  4. The Fox Donut

The Fox Donut New User

Steam:
    Convenient lie i guess. Considering you only took Scout, Sniper and Soldier weapons and the Medic Unusual is with the Medic Stuff way back in my inventory. Must be hard to misclick that and then also not noticing that Unusual Color in the Trade Items.
    Also, after i wrote a -rep for that Trade Offer on your profile you did not cancel the said Trade Offer. You deleted the -rep of course and added a +rep from yourself with an added :lol: emoticon. I (myself) had to decline the Trade Offer after that. A innocent person would have checked his outgoing Trade Offers immediately to check what the hell i was talking about and cancel the Trade Offer.
  5. YellaBanana

Steam:
    I Have no history of any misbehavior for all 2 years i have been here, Why would i start now?

also, what does -rep and +rep do anyways, you CAN just delete -rep so why trust it at all|?
  6. YellaBanana

Steam:
    I Was trying to get a medic item. Simple.
  7. YellaBanana

Steam:
    +rep and -rep was created by scammers to create a false sense of security. I added me own +rep to tease you and sort of show you why it is.
  8. YellaBanana

Steam:
    Don't tell me you're complaining that you had to click a button.
  9. YellaBanana

Steam:
    No, I would not check my offers because some lunatic decided to rant in my comments when i was quickbuying TF2 Weps.
  10. YellaBanana

Steam:
    [quote="The Fox Donut, post: 293142, member: 91260"Must be hard to misclick that and then also not noticing that Unusual Color in the Trade Items.
    A[/quote]

In the post above you stated:

[quote="The Fox Donut, post:293142,member: 91260" I nearly fell for it but canceled in time.[/quote]

You contradict yourself.
  11. YellaBanana

Steam:
  12. YellaBanana

Steam:
    So you have no reply?

No counter argument?

Oh well, i guess this post is pointless then if the accuser is unwilling to provide further insight OR any argument whatsoever.
  13. YellaBanana

Steam:
    TFW Bumping your own report to end it
  14. The Fox Donut

The Fox Donut New User

Steam:
    How convenient for you. But then you scrolled up to page 1 again to add the crates ... my inventory is sorted by class. Crates are on very first pages. So i all that time you didnt notice the Unusual there? Again: how convenient for you ...
  15. The Fox Donut

The Fox Donut New User

Steam:
    So instead of canceling your trade offer and maybe posting a sorry you wanted to "tease" me. Very honest ...
  16. The Fox Donut

The Fox Donut New User

Steam:
    yes, i am complaining about that. But complaining is not the point. the point is, that you didnt cancel your trade offer (something a innocent person would have done immediately).
  17. The Fox Donut

The Fox Donut New User

Steam:
    Another convenient lie. You didnt buy any weapons. Your backpack consists of the same items 2 days ago (day of scam).
  18. The Fox Donut

The Fox Donut New User

Steam:
    In the post above you stated:

[quote="The Fox Donut, post:293142,member: 91260" I nearly fell for it but canceled in time.[/quote]

You contradict yourself.[/quote]

No, i dont. Clicking on an Unusual and then adding more Items you cant compare to simply accepting a Trade Offer.
  19. The Fox Donut

The Fox Donut New User

Steam:
    Guess what ... i have a Job and dont check this daily. Plus we seem to live in different timezones. Additionally, from the other report i filed i know it could take weeks for a Mod to reply. Also, imho i provided sufficient evidence, its not up to me what the Mods make of this. So there is really no point for me replying to your "convenient" lies. Deal with it.
  20. The Fox Donut

The Fox Donut New User

Steam:
    And as a friend of mine pointed out:
    Your Trade Offer made no sense (but scamming). I have Trades on Outpost and backpack.tf selling weapons for a Scrap each. I dont have Trades for crates. You wanted 10 weapons, thats 10 Scraps = 1.11 Ref. You offered 2.33 Ref. probably in the hopes i accept this "overpay" fast.

It also makes no sense at all you asked for crates. You dont have any Keys to open them and even if you planned to buy/trade for Keys you couldnt open them, as you chose Late Summer Crates which cannot be opened anymore. The only reason you chose those crates, was to "hide" the Unusual within the Trade Offer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.