1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198081359461 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Mr. President 3, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Mr. President 3

Mr. President 3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:100872734
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198081359461

Victim profile: 76561198162011197

What happened? Description:
    18 december I gave 20 keys to him and he said me that can't sent money to me. I waited some days and today I said "hello. can you give me my 20 keys back or sent money?" Right now he ignore me and don't want do anything.​

Provide Evidence:
    1) Scammer1 - I gave 18 december keys.
    2)Scammer2 - I don't have money from "Arya"
    3)Scammer3 - he ignores me​

Attached Files:

2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @Mr. President 3 Do you have any proof of the trade agreement, particularly screenshots of the conversation in Steam? We absolutely need that for PayPal scams.

We need uncropped, unedited screenshots of your inventory history, taken from within the Steam client with the URL bar visible. What you provided is cropped, so we can't use it. If you don't have the URL bar visible within Steam, please enable it. To enable the URL bar, go to View -> Settings -> Interface. Check the box next to Display Steam URL address bar when available. To access your inventory history, hover over your name in the Steam window, and click Inventory. Click More -> View Inventory History. I need the full inventory history from the date before the transaction in question until the day after.

We need full, unedited screenshots showing All activity in your PayPal history (you will have to click the link that says All activity). From your payment history page, select All Activity and make sure the dates include the date right before you were scammed, as well as today's date. Take a full, uncropped screenshot of this history.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. ☼ÐtÑ☼ fletch

☼ÐtÑ☼ fletch New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60546866
    Hey, just saw this thread.

A week ago this user added me to sell some keys. They went first but when I tried to send PayPal payment, PayPal refused to send money to that email address (I'm unsure whether it was a PayPal Server Issue, an issue with their country of residence, or a problem with their account). I told them this and tried to refund the keys at the time but steam trading was down and I was unable to, both via trading and trade offers.
    The next day, unfortunately, I had to go away several days and while I forgot to bring my laptop charger with me. This meant I did not have access to steam trading/paypal and was unable to complete our trade. I tried to refund this user the keys from my phone but steam doesn't let you on the mobile website apparently.
    When I got back I tried to resend the payment via PayPal and they declined again. It was then that I noticed this user had been reported for Phishing on SteamRep and I was unsure of what to do. Yesterday I was busy working on something and this user sent me a number of messages. I didn't see them until after they'd accused me of being a scammer, and so I assume after this report was made.
    I have told the user that I am happy to refund their keys, and that I was very sorry it had taken so long. Usually, I do not have any issue with this sort of thing and it was unfortunate that I went away when I did.
    I sent them a message last night that I would refund their keys as soon as they were online. It does not appear in the screenshot I attached for some reason.

Attached Files:

4. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    @☼ÐtÑ☼ fletch Can you re-take that chat screenshot with timestamps enabled? To enable timestamps, go to View -> Settings -> Friends. Check the box next to Display timestamps in chat log.
  5. ☼ÐtÑ☼ fletch

☼ÐtÑ☼ fletch New User

Steam:
    @lava Unfortunately only the second half of the conversation is left now -

Attached Files:

6. ☼ÐtÑ☼ fletch

☼ÐtÑ☼ fletch New User

Steam:
    I've sent a trade offer with the refund. I'll post proof of acceptance when they come online.

Attached Files:

7. Mr. President 3

Mr. President 3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:100872734
    Ok, np. He gived me back my 20 keys.
  8. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Items repaid, leaving up to an admin.
  9. ☼ÐtÑ☼ fletch

☼ÐtÑ☼ fletch New User

Steam:
    May I bump this? Its still pending.
    Thank you for your patience.
  10. gencobra

gencobra Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:31047928
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31047928
    Archiving: Items were repaid and there is no indication of intent to scam.