1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198082614262 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by sapphireflyer, Sep 15, 2014.

1. sapphireflyer

sapphireflyer New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34582056
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198082614262

Victim profile: 76561198029429841

What happened? Description:
    School is starting and i dont have enough money to purchase the new books in school. So i had no other option and tried to sell my CS:GO Knife (Karambit | Borael Forrest = 130€) for real money. So i searched someone on CSGOLounge who wants my knife in exchange for PAYPAL money. He has good reputation on CSGOLounge and sites of positive comments on steam. I added him and i traded him my knife and he scammed me. no money for me.​

Provide Evidence:
    I have two screenshots and one video of the whole scam.

First screenshot: TradeOffer: Picture that i gave him my knife.
    Second screenshot: Chat: the chat before i traded with him

and the Video here:
    the video shows the whole trade i made with him. i blacked out my private paypal info.

Other info:

i found another account from him: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198097280102 (its not the account where my knife went to)​

Attached Files:

2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Do you have screenshots of the full chat with the accused? We can't accept evidence uploaded to 3rd party websites, and we need documentation of your conversation in image format. These screenshots of a trade agreement are crucial and because we need to maintain them for as long as the accused is marked, they must be hosted on our own site. Note that if you don't have the original screenshots, you may be able to extract them from the original copy of the video you uploaded, but the original would be ideal.

Aside from the trade agreement, we need full, unedited screenshots showing All activity in your PayPal history (you will have to click the link that says All activity). From your payment history page, select All Activity and make sure the dates include the date one month before the transaction, as well as today's date. Take a full, uncropped screenshot of this history; don't redact parts of it, if needed we can hide certain screenshots from public view.

Finally, we need screenshots of your inventory history, taken from within the Steam client with the profile URL visible. To access your inventory history, hover over your name in the Steam window, and click Inventory. Click More -> View Inventory History. I need the full inventory history from the date before the transaction in question until the day after.
  3. sapphireflyer

sapphireflyer New User

Steam:
    First of all i am sorry to say that but.. there is a whole video of the scam? its really hard to fake it but ok.. the chat is gone but i think you know that.. he blocked me and removed me. I only have the chat from the video.

Paypal History
    Chat Screenshots (from Video)
    Trade History (He changed his name into "BUYING SKINS FOR REAL MONEY !" :()

this is all i can do :(

Attached Files:

4. sapphireflyer

sapphireflyer New User

Steam:
    Oh sorry forgot the trade history! TradeHistory.jpg
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    The issue here isn't that your video isn't enough, but that we can't use it. Yes, I know that's counter-intuitive, but we need to keep the evidence on our own site; we periodically audit our tags against documented evidence (to ensure innocent traders aren't inadvertently marked) and in case the accused tries to appeal. It's not a one-time we-have-evidence-now-don't-worry-about-it-later thing. If your video disappeared after the report was accepted, and a lot of times evidence does disappear from those sorts of sites, we wouldn't have evidence we need to uphold the tag. Hence, we ask everyone to upload their evidence directly to this forum. You can leave it up for now though; it can't hurt and maybe the tagging admin will find a use for it... can't hurt either way.

What you have now, in terms of uploaded evidence, should suffice. Go ahead and leave the video up in case an admin decides they can use it somehow. Thanks for the report, marking as ready for review.
  6. sapphireflyer

sapphireflyer New User

Steam:
    Ok now i understand!

I say thank you. I wont delete anything :)
  7. noflex.

noflex. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:61174267
    Close it.
  8. Miksyy

Miksyy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47266013
    Why? You scammed him
    sapphireflyer likes this.
  9. noflex.

noflex. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:61174267
    Yeah, sure. ALL is fake on this video.
  10. sapphireflyer

sapphireflyer New User

Steam:
    Haha nice try! Perhaps you see the evidence is already proven. Only because you cant afford or are not able to get your own stuff legit.
    I hope your Account gets Trade banned and then you see what scamming gets you. Grow up and earn money by work not by scamming..