1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198082745608 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Soluna, Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soluna

Soluna New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56326984
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198082745608

Victim profile: 76561198072919697

What happened? Description:
    I wanted to purchase a Specialized Killstreak Gold Botkiller Scattergun, and found this trader on Bazaar.tf selling his for 5 keys.

Was about to purchase keys from market and trade him when I realized that keys bought from market has a 7-day trading cooldown.

I noticed that he has reputable friends (whom I've traded with before, including one of scrap.tf's founders), and at least 1 year on Steam and a thousand hours on tf2, so I proposed that I pay him 2 keys along with a marketable item, and he could sell the marketable item for steam wallet funds to cover for the remaining keys.

Paid the keys, he put the item up on community market, bought the item, he removed me from his friend list, changed his name multiple times within a minute, and blocked me on steam.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      106.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      79.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      48.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      44.5 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      110.4 KB
      Views:
    • 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      311.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Soluna

Soluna New User

Steam:
    I know it is bad judgement on my part for being impatient and suggesting that I pay the remainder via Steam Community Market,
    and also giving him 2 keys in advance as a sign of good will.

That, however, does not discount the fact that he scammed the items off me.
    I've completed my part of the transaction, and he didn't.

I'm not looking to get the items back (Probably will be impossibly hard to),
    but just hope that maybe the steamrep community could help with preventing future scams him this user through the reputation system.

Kind of ironic how Steam's implemented 7day cooldown to reduce fraud actually got me conned instead. :rolleyes:
  3. λcᴱrpwns™

λcᴱrpwns™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:80796528
    i know only the accused and victim only should comment but, some advice for OP. if you need keys quick, buy them off marketplace.tf. you have to use a credit card or paypal (even bitcoin i believe) to buy them but its worth it as they dont have the 7 day cooldown period
    Soluna likes this.
  4. Soluna

Soluna New User

Steam:
    Hello.
    Yup, it was really late that day (look at chat, it was 4am), and I probably didn't have enough sleep back then.
    It's okay though, just a couple keys for a lesson I guess.
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Unable to confirm a scam here looks like a sharking if anything but the items were transfered as agreed.
    Archiving
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.